"The number you have called is not assigned"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreTardiff
I've Been Around

Re: "The number you have called is not assigned"

This is now happening to me. iPhone6... my phone even says I have a voicemail waiting but when I try to go to voicemail I get that message.

Did anyone resolve their issue?

RogersMaude

Good day @AndreTardiff,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention.

I understand how frustrating it must be, to systematically get that error message, when trying to make calls.

I hope your issue has been resolved since you posted.

If not, let us know what troubleshooting measures you attempted so far, and we will take it from there.

If you think you have exhausted every option on your end, we'd like to access your account to verify your network permissions and send a signal to your SIM card, in order to fix the issue.

To do so, we're going to ask you to please send a private message @CommunityHelps and we will further assist.

If you're not familiar with this process, please check out this Blog.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

dereklola
I Plan to Stick Around

Odd Calls Received

In the last week or so I've been notified of three 'missed' calls. I did not recognise any of the numbers so did not immediately return them. I did however search for the numbers on the internet and found all were reputedly registered to Rogers. Based on this I called two of them and got the same reply "This number is not assigned".

Seems odd to me. Anyone else have this experience?

Anyone know how this could happen?

Should I worry about it? 

RogersTony

Hello @dereklola,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂 

I know how important it is to ensure you have not missed any calls from people that you know or are expecting a call from. I recommend setting up your Voicemail if you have not already so that if you get a missed call and it's important the caller can leave a message for you. 

There are applications available that can "spoof" the caller ID of any number the user wishes. So if you are receiving calls from numbers that are not assigned it could be someone calling you using a spoofing app. There is also a possibility that the number that was calling you is unable to receive incoming calls which could generate that automated message or something similar when you dialed the number.

All in all, this is not something you should worry about. 

If anyone else in the Community has noticed something similar please feel free to chime in with your experience.

Regards,

RogersTony 

dereklola
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you, Tony, for your explanations.

I'll stop worrying!

dereklola
I Plan to Stick Around

Another variation which gives me the impression there is "something wrong in the system".

Try to call my wife - logged in my Phonebook (correctly - I just re-checked) by hitting her name - got message "number not assigned". Immediately dialed the same number manually - call went through normally. Her number is a Fido number and she has had it for over a month now.

Is there an overall answer to these problems? Is there any investigation or corrective action being taken? - but for some reason Rogers does want to admit it???

RogersMaude

Hello again @dereklola,

Thank you for your reply. Some customers may occasionally experience dropped calls and this is definitely a type of issue we want to investigate.

As part of troubleshooting for this type of issue in addition to validating signal strengths and cellular coverage, we inquire as to whether or not you received an audio notification of an error when the dropped call occurs. Thank you for confirming that you did get the "the number you have called is not assigned" prompt.

Have you tried to reset your network settings since you first noticed the issue?

The first thing we attempt is to refresh the signal sent to your SIM card.

However, if this has not yet been done, we will need access to your account to be able to do so.

If you'd like us to take a deeper look into this, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps.  

For more information on our Private Message system, please see this page.

Please include a recent example to ensure we can efficiently troubleshoot these issues. In this case, we would require both your telephone number, as well as your wife's, along with the approximate time of the call.

Thank you very much for your time, we apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you.

RogersMaude

Do2
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same problem, It started 3 weeks ago as i was looking for work after moving in a new town.

Most company i was phoning did not work ( Number is not assigned ) Then i was thinking that they just went bankrupt or something. Left a bunch of emails with my phone number to get  phoned back. No phone calls back yet so today i went driving around and stop at a job site and got a good active company number  from a trade guy that was on the spot. When i tried phoning ( number is not assigned ) ??? the guy said that is impossible and try phoning with his phone . Surprise ! it did work. Why does it not work with my phone ? Apparently all the company i had phone are active.  Does it mean that most people that tried to phone me got the same thing ? (number not assigned ) I mean i do received calls and i am also able to phone someone. Why some number just not working ?

Can we please fix this right now ?

I have a Galaxy Samsung s5 neo

It's been going on for at least 3 weeks  that i am aware of. maybe more.

RogersMoin

Hello, @Do2

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I rely heavily on my phone so it's understandably very inconvenient when not able to dial out certain numbers. 

The numbers you are not able to dial out, do they have the same area code? Have you tried adding 1 in front of those numbers?

I suggest power cycling the phone if the issue persists, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can further look into resolving it. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Do2
I've Been Here Awhile

Of course i have tried dialing the 1 before the number.

Yes it's it the same area code.

I have tried to power off my phone , remove the sim card and put it back on.

I have phone you guys yesterday and apparently they are working on the issue

Have not received any news yet.

Because it does it only only to certain number apparently it's a network issue... ?