"The number you have called is not assigned"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rduei2
I've Been Around

Re: "The number you have called is not assigned"

Have the same issue as well.  I did have Rogers One Number on my account.  Missed an important call from my pregnant wife.  

Come on now Rogers... you've got to to better than this.

Rogers One Number never worked reliably in the first place.  Always some port or firewall issue. Does this company test anything before releasing it, or do they just throw stuff up there and hope for the best?

When they dropped Shomi, I couldn't change to another service on my Share Everything Plus account.

Such a mess.  

amahcal
I've Been Around

I am having this exact problem since early this morning and is still having this problem.  This is calling from my phone!!!

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @amahcal

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

Are you still having  issues with your wireless services? 

RogersPrasana

TwitchyPuppy
I Plan to Stick Around

@rduei2

Would it be possible that she misdialled your number?
Anso
I'm Here A Lot

Just made a contract with rogers jumped ship from MTS which is now BellMTS and they are forcing 100,000 wireless users to telus...any how my question is I managed to grab a LG G6 and I had a few hiccups on the first day as I kept my MTS number etc well it was all fine until this morning I tried to make a out going call and I couldn't, I got a recored message saying We can not complete your call as dialed please check your number and try your call again....and then it hangs up when it goes back to the phone app it says your number is not supported to make a call Call to the customer service...but here is the oddest thing I can answer incoming call texts etc also what else is odd is i can make calls outgoing on my other phone which i have as a spare..imy phone is still under the whole 15 day period..is it my phone or just my sim card...

RogersCorey

Hello @Anso!

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂 We're happy to have you as a customer!

I have quite a bit of experience with wireless issues and this honestly sounds to me like there may be an issue with the port in. I'd like to attempt a reset from our end to make sure your phone can see all your account/network permissions. If this doesn't fix it, then we'll have to escalate a ticket.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps and we will further assist.

If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

Anso
I'm Here A Lot

It seems to be good now( for now). Had a online service rep ( if that what they are called) try everything for most of the day and night help me...

ccrop1955
I've Been Here Awhile

I got a new unlocked Asus Zen laser 3 now I cannot get one particular long distance #. I have turned off the phone what does it mean the # is not assigned. 

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @ccrop1955,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear bout your troubles. I can understand how annoying it can be to be unable to reach a particular number. It could mean a couple things, ranging from a block on the account, to a faulty device. Just a few questions so we can narrow it down.

1. Have you checked the device block list to verify that the number is not blocked?
  2. Have you tried calling from a different number?
  3. If possible, can you try to insert the SIM card in another device to see if you can replicate the issue?

Look forward to your response!

Cheers,

RogersCilio

ccrop1955
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for replying to my request. The problem has been resolved. Reinstated SIM and I am good to go. Thank you