"The number you have called is not assigned"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: "The number you have called is not assigned"

Just got this from the live support chat:

6:54 PM
Joseph
Hi, I'm Joseph from Rogers in Moncton and I'll be helping you today.

6:54 PM
Joseph
I certainly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Currently we are experiencing some major delays on our back end servers which is causing many customers to not be able to send and receivve phone calls. In the meantime, the best thing you can do would be to restart the phone every 2-3 hours and it will correct itself on the network without you having to contact us back. If we attempt any resets on our end, it will extend the delay even longer. We certainly appreciate your patience on this matter. With that being said, did you have any other general questions I may be able to answer? 

I've Been Here Awhile

OK well ill keep trying that I guess. It's funny cause it only my phone and I have 4 other lines in my account.
I've Been Here Awhile

I just contacted support via the online chat and they reset my line. It now works. Don't know if it will stay that way however!
I've Been Here Awhile

If you contact support via online chat, they can help you, just be patient it takes a bit. I imagine they are busy.
I've Been Around

I spoke with tech support and they advised it is related to decommissioning rogers one number. Makes sense since only the lines registered to one need are having this issue. They advised it should be fixed shortly.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had a feeling that was the cause. Way to go Rogers, disabling what was a buggy service that was barely used broke your entire network! Remind me why I continue to stay with you?
I've Been Around

When I go to call it says the number is not assigned and cannot be made. And no one can call me its cuts off.
HELP this is really annoying

I've Been Around

I Have been "on hold" with your tech support for this exact issue. I have been waiting for nearly a hour now
I've Been Here Awhile

I just tried my phone and it worked so looks like they are fixing the problem
I've Been Here Awhile

It took me about 50 or so minutes to get ahold of a rep. However he did some reset and asked me to keep my phone off for 3 min and it now works. The wait is understandable I mean this is a colossal mess up so it's only understandable that their should be just as a colossal wait. But the reps are not to blame and from my experience they are pretty efficient l. From the time I got him on the phone it took maybe like 4 min and everything was working. His name was Joseph... Amazing man!!!!