Where can i find a signal repeater for rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Where can i find a signal repeater for rogers?

I live in a very isolated area and my signal strength is very weak.

Any ideas if Rogers reccomends signal repeaters?

If so are all brands compatible with Rogers?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Re: Where can i find a signal repeater for rogers?

Hello @asdfsadfasfd222

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

Are you referring to wireless signals or home Wi-Fi internet signals?

Looking forward to your response.

RogersSannecia

I've Been Here Awhile

wireless signal as in for my cell phone

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

@RogersSannecia I believe they are speaking of Cellular/wireless repeaters.

But if asdfsadfasfd222 is speaking of Wifi repeaters (and I misunderstood) than that is a simple info to provide:

Wifi repeaters would be a simple router or another accesspoint that can be purchased from any store selling networking products. Bestbuy/Staples/TigerDirect etc... No Brand would be "Better" just preference. Cisco/Linksys or Asus is the two I'd go for, as my preference.

Hey @asdfsadfasfd222

If you are speaking about Cellular boosters/repeaters. Wilson booster is a known brand, and there are other supplementary brands out there.

The BRAND isn't going to be a concern except for price and how much you are willing to spend/ your budget.

What you probably want to look into is few options:

Outdoor:

• Weatherproof
  • Extension line (plug and play) or splicing required (little bit of work)
  • Range of Throw

Indoor:

• Range of reception
  • Range of Throw
  • Extension or receiver antenna type

Also, Consumer vs Commercial version are night and day in comparison with pricing. Depending on where you live you would want to look at both.

I usually recommend Consumer Outdoor version.

As for the bands, as long as it meets the bands rogers supports and services, the booster/repeater will pick it up without fail.

(I personally like Wilson Booster and fully biased to them, but other brands work too)

These can be purchased at electronic stores (like the ones mentioned above) or even online (which is cheaper). Just don't get it from eBay / China.

Products directly from China some times don't meet the specs and Canadian Dollar is bad so US shipment is going to be horrible in cost. Make your decision wisely on that note.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! Smiley Very Happy

Edit: Just saw the post, so it is cellular repeaters.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks!

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

You're welcome! Smiley Very Happy

I've Been Around

The Rogers wireless signal strength is terrible at my cottage in the Parry Sound Ontario area. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the topography, and surrounding hills (but Bell is much better, not sure why that would be). I would have swithched to Bell by now, but my corporate phone is on Rogers, and I have no control over that. Is there a piece of hardware available that can boost the signal strength in and around the cottage (climbing a tree everytime I want to send an email or text isnt really practical).

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Gotta wonder why the extended service isn't kicking in  if Bell is so much better ... or is this one of those on the fence cases of, there is just enough Rogers service that it won't switch over to Bell  but not enough Rogers  service so it is very frustrating to deal with ?  For the sake of customer service you woul think that they would adjust the parameters o the switch over a little to avoid this type of situation  ... or is there an adjstment that can be made to the phone ? 

Hello @WSReimer & @barndoor,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy 

Poor signal strength on your phone is never fun to deal with especially since it’s a corporate phone you use for work.

At the moment there is no hardware available that will help boost the wireless signal from our Cell Phone towers. You do have the option to report the Network issues in that area by using our NetworkAid tool.

The extended coverage will kick in when your device is outside of the range of the Rogers Towers completely. Depending on your device you may be able to search for a specific network and manually connect to that network as opposed to automatically selecting the Rogers network each time. You should be able to do this in the settings on your device in the Mobile Networks option. The specific steps would depend on your device.

If you are having issues locating the specific settings on your device please let the Community know which device you are using and we can attempt to walk you through it.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

RogersTony