What coverage does local calling provide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

What coverage does local calling provide

I'm in the 416 area and want to know what coverage does local calling provide?

Thanks in advance.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: What coverage does local calling provide

Hi @falcios,

Good question. Your location at the time of the call, your wireless phone number and the phone number that you make a call to are all important factors in determining local calling areas and wireless long distance charges.

Check out these helpful links for further information:

Local Calling Areas, Long Distance & Call Forwarding

How Do I know if a call is Long Distance on my Wireless phone?

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

I was reading through the the links you provided and I am still not sure of local calling.

I am 416 and if I make calls to Bolton, Brampton, Maple, Woodbridge,  or Vaughan is that considered within my local calling area or long distance?

What area codes are the geographic boundaries for 416? I can't find this info in the literature.

Hey @falcios!

It's definitely easier for us to confirm your Local Calling Area coverage once you provide the locations you call most often, so thank you! 😁

If you have a Toronto-based area code and you are making a call from Toronto to Bolton, Brampton or the City of Vaughan (Maple and Woodbridge included), then this is NOT considered long distance and no long-distance charges will apply.

I hope this is helpful and puts your mind at ease! 

RogersLaura