cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What coverage does local calling provide

falcios
I'm an enthusiast

I'm in the 416 area and want to know what coverage does local calling provide?

Thanks in advance.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What coverage does local calling provide

Hey @falcios!

It's definitely easier for us to confirm your Local Calling Area coverage once you provide the locations you call most often, so thank you! 😁

If you have a Toronto-based area code and you are making a call from Toronto to Bolton, Brampton or the City of Vaughan (Maple and Woodbridge included), then this is NOT considered long distance and no long-distance charges will apply.

I hope this is helpful and puts your mind at ease! 

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersZia

Hi @falcios,

Good question. Your location at the time of the call, your wireless phone number and the phone number that you make a call to are all important factors in determining local calling areas and wireless long distance charges.

Check out these helpful links for further information:

Local Calling Areas, Long Distance & Call Forwarding

How Do I know if a call is Long Distance on my Wireless phone?

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

RogersZia

falcios
I'm an enthusiast

I was reading through the the links you provided and I am still not sure of local calling.

I am 416 and if I make calls to Bolton, Brampton, Maple, Woodbridge,  or Vaughan is that considered within my local calling area or long distance?

What area codes are the geographic boundaries for 416? I can't find this info in the literature.

Hey @falcios!

It's definitely easier for us to confirm your Local Calling Area coverage once you provide the locations you call most often, so thank you! 😁

If you have a Toronto-based area code and you are making a call from Toronto to Bolton, Brampton or the City of Vaughan (Maple and Woodbridge included), then this is NOT considered long distance and no long-distance charges will apply.

I hope this is helpful and puts your mind at ease! 

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation