cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak Coverage / signal in Victoria / View Royal BC

serpico
I plan to stick around

Quite often I see situations when I get calls , the phone is not ringing but soon after, the phone shows a lost call .

The last one happen yesterday at 5:30 PM , when a neighbour called me . He told me that he heard the dial and short after the call was disconnected .

Postal Code V9B 0N7 

Please due something .

Thank you .

***Added Labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Weak Coverage / signal in Victoria / View Royal BC

RogersTony

Hello, @serpico

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I can understand how important it is to stay connected on your mobile device so you don't miss any important calls.

Have you reported this issue via the Rogers MyNetwork tool? You can access it by clicking here. You can also find it in the support section of the MyRogers app. Please use this tool to report the issues you've been facing. Our network operations team will monitor this issue to ensure that if there is an issue in the network it is resolved quickly.

I hope this helps you get this matter resolved. Keep us posted if you do not notice any improvements.

RogersTony

serpico
I plan to stick around

Hello, @RogersTony I did not report the issue before but I followed your advice now ( reference # 24168946 ).

This is not the first time when I encounter this issue ( see reference # 23758044 ) and what they have done at that time is just to close the case after a few weeks , saying that everything is OK  from their point of view .

One thing I can tell you for sure : your coverage is not as you are promoting it in this area .

serpico
I plan to stick around

Hi again , do you think someone contacted me to see what was the problem ? Nope .

January 28th, 2021 again  I had a dropped call . Case submitted 24191692 .

Let's see maybe this time someone is going to do something . That is all I need : better call quality,without dropped calls . 

@serpico have a look at the following cell tower maps:

https://www.scadacore.com/tools/rf-path/cell-tower-map-canada/#

Scroll down the page to see the map and zoom into your location.  Double click on your location and then click on a cell tower of interest that is nearby.  That will display a pop up window that shows the gradient from your location to the tower.  The gradient and distance to the tower will be of interest as it may explain the dropped calls and poor service.  

Here's another tower map that will also show the cell tower locations:

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

If you find that the tower is simply too far or not in a location that supports your home, there is little that Rogers can or will do beyond installing a new cell tower that will provide better service.  I don't believe that the forum moderators or tech support has access to future tower location plans that might cause you to stay with Rogers instead of moving to a company that supports your area.  Cell tower planning takes months if not years from idea to cell tower up and running.  Rogers is expanding 5g services across the country so that brings up the question of whether or not that might accelerate service expansion into your local area.  Once again, I don't expect the moderators or tech support to have access to those expansion plans.  

serpico
I plan to stick around

@Datalink , thank you for your message , but I am sorry I am not in the position to interpret  "The gradient and distance to the tower " or "If ... the tower is simply too far or not in a location that supports your home" . 

In my opinion Rogers should tell me that , or when you sign up with them , I think it would be fair based on your location to be advised that you may encounter dropped calls or that the coverage is weak . I never heard such thinks from Rogers employees , so far . 

serpico
I plan to stick around

@Datalink Another aspect , the two links you provided show different number of Rogers towers in my area : Scadacore.com shows two ( one at Goldstream Provincila Park and another one at Tilicum ) and the Canadian Celullar Towers Map ( once I select just Rogers towers ) shows at least nine if not more . 

serpico
I plan to stick around

On September 24th, 2021 I had 3 dropped calls in less than 1 hour . 

I submitted a ticket (removed Case ID - Please keep personal info private) that was closed without a resolution after 72 hours . Initially they promised that I am going to be notified in maximum 72 hours by email .

A week after the fact , the ticket is still closed without a resolution .

P.S. - I hope that someone can help here , since with the agents I got no help .

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation