cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI with Cellular Data On when sending Group Messages on ios Phone

falcios
I'm an enthusiast

I did not have data prior to December 14th. Since adding data to my plan, either I don't receive group messages, or it's delayed 8 hours or more. I've been told that data had to be on for group messages. I didn't have any problems sending group messages on WIFI prior to the 14th. I would like to know why data has to be on for group messages to be sent and received in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance.

***Added Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: WIFI with Cellular Data On when sending Group Messages on ios Phone

RogersCorey

Hello and welcome @falcios!

Some services require that the data setting be turned on even if you do not have data. It's a function of the operating system that we do not have any real control over. I would recommend reaching out to Apple if you'd like to learn more about the inner workings of iOS.

In this case, I would recommend that you first try resetting your network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will purge all your network settings, stored WiFi networks and require you to reconnect to your networks by re-entering the password.

Oftentimes, a network settings reset can resolve issues such as this. Please let us know if it works. If not, we can bring you into a private conversation to gather your account information and look into potential network side issues.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation