VoLTE with rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: VoLTE with rogers

Why is VoLTE only supported on iPhone 6s when the 6 is fully capable according to the website

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203078

Please elaborate thanks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the Galaxy Note 4, any update to enable VoLTE. Deployment seem slow. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I too would like to know when VoLTE will be enabled for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus not just the S version.

Verizon, T-mobile and AT&T all have it for the 6/6Plus

come on Rogers dont make us upgrade our expensive phones (bought mine out right to keep the BYOD rate).

its been months since any phones have been added to the list..

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I hope Rogers brings VoLTE to the iPhone 6, they gave us WiFi calling, but without VoLTE there is no handoff so the call drops.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

VoLTE will work on Samsung Note 5 and Samsung Galaxy S6

Few questions about VoLTE.

1. Is it working on Note 5 and S6?
  2. will be charge if I use video call?
  3. How can I know I am using VoLTE for video call?
  4. I have three lines (2 X Note 5 and 1 X S6) with rogers and I like to use VoLTE/Video call.
  5. If I undersatnd correctly if i make call to Rogers VoLTE device will be go through VoLTE ( it means quick connection and clear voice.)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

For Samsung Note 5 and Samsung Galaxy S6

• How can I know I am using VoLTE for video call and voice call?
  • How can I use it? is it automatically call throught VoLTE?

Please answer.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It looks like VoLTE is not working with my Samsung S6 with firmware 5.1.1. Please somebody confirm.

As per one of commuinity moderator S6 capable for VoLTE and its avaliable on Rogers. (page 2 message 17 of this thrade)

So in samsung S6, When I do voice call (without wi-fi) my LTE turn to 4G and when I do video call give message "video calling currently doen not avaliable, you will now connected through voice call". On wi-fi video call not working as well.

Any help will be appriciated.

On my both Samsung Note 5 VoLTE work fine for voice and video call. "LTE" stay as "LTE" during voice and video call.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Sushil1011,

We have answered your Private Message via @CommunityHelps. Please check your PM when you are online next. You can also access your inbox by clicking here

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Call Rogers Tech support, agent reset the network line and VoLTE working fine on Samsung S6.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

it isn't enabled on the iPhone 6/6Plus yet...you may see the option that you do but when you make a call it will drop to 3G not stay in LTE mode. Rogers needs to enable it via carrier settings but they seem very slow to do so for the majority of customers using 1 to 2 year old phones. in a push to force us to upgrade to the new ones.

****edit****

just looked up my white 6 Plus 64GB and saying VoLTE available now.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 11.33.01 AM.png

called and got a pretty giddy tech support who said i probably shouldn't move to it yet...but suggested i move to the newest sim card to see if it bumps my provisioning to VoLTE..i'll head to the store today to get a new sim report my findings