VoLTE with rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: VoLTE with rogers

Hello @jackthecompguy

You are welcome!
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

where did rogers comment voLTE will be supported on iphone? cause ios 9 gm is released, anyone familiar with how ios releases work know the "final version" IS already out, i tried calling, my lte went straight to 3g, again..& yes voice & data is set to lte in settings

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

So what is the word on VoLTE with iPhone 6/6s/6+/6s+ models? Anyone tried it and succeeded?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

Unfortunately as you know the 6s/6s+ are not out yet. No one can test them until launch date. I have heard that VoLTE is available on them but I can't be forsure unless Rogers comes out and says it. It would be amazing for it to have it
Highlighted

voLTE is not working, this was supposed to be launched months back. even with rogers 21.1 for wifi calling theres no voLTE active on iphone, making a call makes it go right back to 3G instantly, end call & its back to LTE instantly..

wifi calling handoff isnt going to work like that, it made sence that voLTE would of been added with wifi calling in the 21.1 carrier update but..
Highlighted

rogers have anything to say? VoLTE is already launched months ago, its still not working on iphone, this is needed for handoff between wifi calling

network & devices are ready for it, another carrier update shouldnt that hard, right.? 700mhz lte? is that dead or what? cause winnipeg's lte certainly hasnt changed whatsoever, still, i thought there was a deadline by the CRTC for carriers to start using that 700mhz lte they bought?
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Any info? The 6s / 6s+ is revealed and will
be in our hands on friday... Will it (and the iphone 6/6+) be VoLTE capable?? I would be very interested in knowing if someone from Rogers can reach out!! I dont see why it can't be rolled out to ALL compatible devices instead of just ones Rogers chooses. Cheers
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it. Mobilesyrup did the review for both devices and said Rogers won't launch VOLTE until sometime later on.
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Hmm.. Sigh. Hopefully it is launched soon. Hehe, we are waiting on Wifi calling on android, and volte for iphones.
Thx anyway 🙂
Highlighted

that is wrong, VoLTE is already launched for over 4 months, its just that hard to get another carrier update to turn it on for iphone, u know that phone that consists of most of rogers' customers..like no big deal if it never comes or anything...