VoLTE with rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: VoLTE with rogers

I just spoke with Rogers technical support, the problem now with the iPhones is that the Wifi Calling feature conflicts with the VoLTE feature hence the iPhone can only support Wifi Calling at the moment. Future updates are required to solve this conflict
I Plan to Stick Around

VoLTE is now enabled on iPhones with the 9.1 update released today. New carrier settings 22.1
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dieselx

Thats correct!. Looking at the settings shows it.

image.png

I'm a Reliable Contributor

no its not, make call it goes straight back to 3g like usual..the voice & data labeling of the cellular data settings means nothing, its been like so for a long time
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @inferno129

It only seems to be issues with your device as mine and my buddies iPhone 6 Plus ( mine is a 6s Plus) and it shows LTE when I am on the phone. Here is proof. So it does work but hours seems not to work. ( I haven't seen anyone else complain yet with the new update).

image.png

I'm a Reliable Contributor

lots more, all the other iphone 6's & 6s in this house also have no volte..yes we all have share everything plans etc

just another unsmooth "launch"

ur image shows nothing it doesnt work its just a triangle..
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @inferno129

Here is another image calling Rogers. It does work...  The speeds are low as i don't live near a Rogers tower but right before the update, I used to get 3G and now I get LTE as u see on a phone call. If yours doesn't show LTE when on a call then maybe it's your device as mine shows it. I wont argue the fact if it does & does not work with you. On mine & my buddies it works so ill take that. I wont sit here & argue with you on if it works or not.

At the end of the day, Rogers released it & its starting to work. If yours did not get it with your family, then hopefully yours does & works!. 

image.png

I'm a Senior Contributor

I can confirm that VoLTE is working on my iPhone 6s Plus with the iOS 9.1 and the 22.1 carrier updates.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AnonymousUser

Thank you for confirming that it works as well. I guess maybe the user never got it or something is going on in their end.
I Plan to Stick Around

Working like a charm here. Was talking to my buddy that updated his iPhone 6 and VoLTE sounds great iPhone to iPhone when both have it enabled. Crystal clear. Yes LTE in the status bar the entire call 🙂