VoLTE with rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: VoLTE with rogers

Hello @inferno129

Please read his post & my response. The iPhone 6S &6S Plus wont be turned on for a while as per MobileSyrup post...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You guys can have my VoLTE on my Note 5 for WiFi calling 🙂 lol
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Not good enough. We want both. BOTH I TELL YOU! 😉

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

i wasnt talking about just 6s, im talking about all the iphones that support it including the 6 & 5s. like wifi calling, i bet VoLTE is going to take another year before we get a carrier update for it. that doesnt mean the service is not running already, the towers are broadcasting & ready, rogers is crawling again to turn it on with a carrier update, so yes the service is launched for months already..

service being live =/= our carrier giving a carrier update to let our devices use said service

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @inferno129

Take a look at this. " iOS 9.1 Beta 2 Allows Enabling of Rogers and Fido Wi-Fi Calling" so this means it will be enabled with the next 9.1 update.. As u can see in the image it works. So 9.1 will have it working.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/ios-9-1-beta-2-rogers/
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

what..? wifi calling is on already with the carrier update last week. i meant like wifi calling, which took a year of delay, VoLTE will probably go through the same "delay" before we get another carrier update, that turns it on for iphones
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @inferno129

It all depends on what happens. I'm not going to assume u like and say it will take a year. I'll just be patient and see what happens. VOLTE isn't such a big factor so I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks or months as long as when it comes out, it works. My G4 barely uses VOLTE even when it's activated. So i don't really make such a big fuss about it.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @inferno129

" As for VoLTE, Rogers, which has experimented with the new IMS-based protocol on some Android devices, it has committed to supporting Voice Over LTE on the new iPhones at a later time."

Straight from Daniels review of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus on Mobilesyrup. So it seems it won't be out until later on at some point.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/09/22/iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-review/
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Meow was talking about those of us that had to downgrade from 9.1 PB1 to 9.0 general release to get Wi-Fi calling. The latest public beta now allows us to use wi-fi calling on beta is what he was referring to I believe.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

And just for information, VoLTE only works on the iPhone 6/6s/6+/6s+ AFAIK. Something to do with the radios in those phones vs older ones.