VoLTE with rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: VoLTE with rogers

You’re welcome @mymusicathome  Smiley Happy

I will try and answer your questions to the best of my ability. With VoLTE being a new emerging service in Canada, the information is limited. With LG G3 Vigor being the only device supported at this time we can only relate the information to the product.

If the device is VoLTE-capable and you are in are in LTE area the service would be active. The LG G3 Vigor has a icon after a call is placed "Video Call", this switches the call to VoLTE

As stated above, Phones have to be designed with hardware and software ready to take advantage of VoLTE technology. You can check with your phone’s manufacturer to find out about possible update that may make it compatible with VoLTE.

Keep the questions coming in Community, We will try our best to have them answered as more information becomes available.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

so...rogers finally launches VoLTE great right?!

supported devices? apparently, ONE. SINGLE. PHONE.

is this some late april fools joke or something? we all, including ur cat knows apple phones along with android together are THE biggest portion of rogers customers, "favor the majority" like todays society loves to do? nope. with no eta of coarse.

okay so, rogers has the VoLTE service live, we have the hardware in hand (iphones), we have the latest ios available, & no VoLTE, why? cause.....carrier settings..?

cutting to the chase, where is our VoLTE? why waste um..everything? *cough* money *cough* to launch a service like this, nation wide, for one phone? when are apple phones & the rest of ur customer user base, getting it? we have the compatibile hardware, u have the signals transmitting, dont say its "up to apple" or a similar robotic response if any, any HUMANS at rogers with KNOW HOW can give a decent reply? when? why?

im not even going to say anything about wifi calling on ios.."we'll launch it with ios 8 when it releases" okay...that was 7 months ago..rogers..need to look at the united states, t-mobile, & start learning from them. its 2015 i think companies should know not to tick the customers....
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly, the iPhone 6/6Plus have the hardware for VoLTE. Doesn't make sense why we are still waiting. iPhone 6 should have been the first to have it. Seems like these reps don't know what they are talking about. Even waiting on wifi calling. 7 months and nothing for either feature and the iPhone 6 has the hardware all along. Great customer service Rogers. Thanks for giving us a real answer lol.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

so like wifi calling, this is also on its way to being abandoned? rogers touts how "we're first!!" & allow it on 1 single phone
I'm a Regular

seems to be... wonder if we'll get it for the iPhone 6s? supposedly wifi calling should be enabled on ios 9/iPhone 6s. Hopefully the iPhone 6 will be backwards compatible as well with both VoLTE and Wifi calling.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

Yes that is what has been reported as I posted that information in another thread a week ago!
Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to give you all an update. Smiley Happy

The LG Vigor,the Samsung GS6, GS6 edge, GS6 edge+ and Note 5; and the LG G4 are now all currently compatible.

Check out our VoLTE FAQ page here

Thanks, 

RogersAliciaG

I'm a Regular

Thanks! This is good info and may sway my decision between iPhone 6s+ and Galaxy Note 5....

Any word on when this will be supported on the iPhone, or if it will be supported with the new devices being announced by apple on wednesday?

And to confirm, we do not need one of the new Share Everything (+) plans, do we? The regular share everything are fine I would hope... And will customers on small business accounts have access??
Thank you

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

It was announced it would be supported once IOS9 comes out and including with the new iPhone as I said before :). I'm sure you can use any plan that uses data. I doubt they would limit it for people with new plans as that will cause many problems for them.
I'm a Regular

Thanks!