VoLTE with rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

VoLTE with rogers

so again another us carrier this time being verizon seems to be the first to utilize voice over lte, has rogers commented on this yet? if so where, when if ever will we get it? i know this is probably hopeless (cough said wifi calling will launch when its available with ios 8 cough) but..

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: VoLTE with rogers

Hello inferno129

I hope so soon. Rogers makes promises but never delivers unless it's to late..
I've Been Here Awhile

Noticed Rogers announced VoLTE service today for the LG G3.  Is this currently the only device supported?

I believe that the android 5.1 update added this feature.  Are the nexus 5 and 6 going to be supported as they are the only devices running 5.1?

I Plan to Stick Around

What about the iphone 6. This makes no sense.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello @mymusicathome & @Shawnieboy 

The LG Vigor – only available at select stores at launch - is the first phone with Rogers that is compatible with this new service and we will be launching more this year.

Phones have to be designed with hardware and software ready to take advantage of VoLTE technology. You can check with your phone’s manufacturer to find out about possible update that may make it compatible with VoLTE.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for following up @RogersAsif.

Will this be a service that will require a user to activate? Or if a users plan qualifies, will the service become active without a users intervention once the LG Vigor exclusivity expires?

I currently own a Motorola Nexus 6 which is supported and working on the VoLTE Verizon network in the USA . The models are identical (both directly from google).
I Plan to Stick Around

iOS 8.3 released yesterday updated the Rogers Carrier to 19.0

VoLTE is now enabled on my iPhone 6
I Plan to Stick Around

@dieselx wrote:
iOS 8.3 released yesterday updated the Rogers Carrier to 19.0

VoLTE is now enabled on my iPhone 6

It's not actually.  Trust me when I say that the menu options you're seeing don't actually mean VoLTE is allowed.

Because you're likely doubting what I'm telling you, try placing a call and watch it switch to 3G.

The LTE, 3G, and 2G options only allow you to force the phone on to one of those three technologies, but your phone will still switch over to 3G for voice if you have LTE selected.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. Just tried now. Wasn't this stuff supposed to be working once iOS 8 and iPhone 6 were released? Still waiting on wifi calling as well. 7 months later.... Crazy
I Plan to Stick Around

I know, it's disapointing Smiley Frustrated

I can't speak for other handsets, but the iPhone has supported VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling for some time now, however those two features are entirely carrier dependant.

Someone had speculated that they might be waiting for VoLTE to roll out before offering Wi-Fi calling (as from what I understand, the backend is very similar, so if you support one you should be able to support the other), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Now even IF they do offer it, the million dollar question will be:  Will Fido offer it?