cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Use Cell Phone Data Service

Atrudel
I've been around

I have no internet on my cell phone.  I restarted my phone twice, and still nothing.  I pay a lot of money to get what i need from my phone, and now I can't do anything, and i work from my phone.  Is there anyone else having this issue?  I am in Winnipeg, Mb.

Please help. 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Unable to Use Cell Phone Data Service

techben16
I've been here awhile

I have the same problem, in Gatineau, QC... Tech support wait time = 2 hours on the phone... looks like a generalized problem.

ilostmyshoes1
I've been here awhile

I have the same issue but in Delta, BC
Voice and text work fine, no data.
using am iPhone 8+

techben16
I've been here awhile
I messaged rogers on facebook messenger, after 15 mins Omar told me to reboot my phone and it works now.

odincapi
I've been around

my account has reached $50 of data overage charges as per  crtc wireless code and have paused data access

Please help me restore  service (keep personal info. private)

Hello, @odincapi.

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

An authorized consent user on the account can consent to additional charges by responding directly to the SMS; have you tried this option?

We can dive into your account and help with enabling data access for you. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

sk26
I've been here awhile

I am unable to Use the cell phone Internet data on the new iPhone XR after switching from a no-data plan to a new plan with data included. This problem persists for more than 2 weeks (!) already. Had numerous conversations with customer service representatives, four sessions with technical support, and chats with supervisors. Had three tickets that had been just closed by Rogers quietly and without asking if the problem remained. Tried various tools and approaches, like resetting network settings several times, resetting the phone to factory settings at least twice, turning cellular data on and off, turning Airplane mode on and off, etc, etc, etc.

It is a brand new phone (already a second one, as there was the SAME issue with the previous XR phone) and a third sim card attached to the same cell number already. The technical experts keep insisting that there is no problem and no blocks on the network side, and "everything works fine". But in reality, nothing works. There is a brand new phone with no access to internet data (if outside a  wifi network) still.

The Rogers team wasn't calling back to suggest a solution, never. Once in a while, there was one robotic call (!) to inform me that they checked the network, it works fine, so "thank you for contacting us, goodbye".  Within more than 2 weeks there is no solution provided, no alternative offered.  The only suggested  "solution" was to return the second iPhone XR but nothing about how the internet connection would be provided afterward. 

The Custome Service representatives keep insisting that I will have to pay for the services (internet data, in this particular case) as the services "have been provided". In reality, the internet data services were "promised" but never provided to me. It is endless trouble.  I do not understand why Rogers is treating its customers in a such disgusting way. Frustration and discomfort. No solution.

Good evening @sk26,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! I hope you're doing well and staying safe.

Thank you so much for your detailed account of events. I can only imagine how frustrating this could be for the user of your second line. I did go over the troubleshooting steps you've described above and without having access to your account, I can only think of one cause for this issue. 

Did you previously have a shared plan with a Data Manager set up? Could it be that the Data Manager is restricting the usage on the second line?

I know you mentioned recently having changed the plan on the secondary line but would you mind popping in to your MyRogers account to see if there is anything enabled under "Data Manager"? If your primary line is outlined maybe try to turn it off or change it for the other number, just so we could rule that out. To be fair, this is pure speculations but it's worth a shot at this point.

Additionally, get in touch with us via private message so we can see how things are set up on your account and investigate further. We most definitely want to help you resolve this as soon as possible!

Please send your PM at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

RogersMaude

sk26
I've been here awhile
Thank you RogersMaude, I sent a pm at @CommunityHelps.

Beverley666
I've been around
I am too .. says no Internet connection and can’t connect to cellular data ( Waterloo)

sk26
I've been here awhile
I recommend to keep contacting with the Rogers team. It took almost a month to identify and fix the problem in my case. Anyway, later on Rogers has confirmed there was a “rare mistake” and fixed it. Internet connection works now.
Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation