cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming from Canada

Boneca
I'm here a lot

I’m in the US for a bit and while on the phone with Rogers for a Wi-Fi calling issue I was trying to get resolved my phone got disconnected (Tech was doing something in the settings). All calls failed after that. I called back from a landline and they are blaming it on a AT & T and T-Mobile change that recently occurred and that my phone was not bought at Rogers. However, now I am on Verizon (automatic setting) and it is still not working. Any ideas what to do? Rogers is useless at this point.

Note I have an iPhone 12. I do see Volte, 5g auto and LTE. Phone was bought from Apple.

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: US roaming from Canada

RogersRahul

Greetings @Boneca!

Not being able to use the WiFi calling feature while on roaming can be disappointing. We'd be happy to assist you with this. 

Have you tried rebooting the device? Have you tried taking the sim card out and inserting it back? Have you tried using any other WiFi connection? Do you have the latest software on the device?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
RogersRahul

Wifi is now enabled and working. However I can’t make any calls in lte. All call fail.

Hello @Boneca!

We can take a closer look and try to refresh the signals from our end. Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
RogersRahul

frcraig
I've been around

Similar issue.  Travelled recently to Colorado with two devices (Huawei Mate 20 X and Xiaomi Mix Fold 2) that both connect on 4G/5G respectively, both with HD (VoLTE) anywhere in Canada on Rogers, but upon landing in Denver both phones connected to AT&T and while they did have 4G and 5G connections, both dropped all voice calls to 3G, and AT&T has shut down 3G - no calls could be completed.  I manually changed the phones settings from connect automatically to preferred network to manual conncection and selected T-Mobile.  Again there was no VoLTE for either device, but at least they connected on 3G for voice calls as T-Mobile has not shut down all their 3G towers in Coloardo yet.  I would have thought that a device that is VoLTE provisioned here would work with your roaming partner there but that was not the case.  Ironically, I put a friend's T-Mobile SIM into the two devices and they both instantly displayed HD Calling (VoLTE) and connected voice calls on 4G or 5G.  However when connected on "Rogers - T-Mobile" they couldn't place voice calls.  

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation