Terrible Reception in Central Alberta

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Terrible Reception in Central Alberta

I live in the middle of Edmonton and my cell reception is HORRIBLE! My cell is my only phone and I can't use it in my home. I don't get any calls and cannot make any calls. I cannot even open my door to my guests as the intercom is connected to my cell which doesn't get the call. All calls when at home go to voice mail. WHAT CAN I DO? I am sooooo frustrated. In my workplace, reception is a little better but still sketchy. I have been reading about others having reception problems too. What is the solution??? I don't want to have to buy an expensive cell booster especially if it isn't going to work! HELP ME!

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Terrible Reception in Central Alberta

Good day @shirlita,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums! Smiley Wink

I can certainly understand the inconveniences of having poor reception in your home. A lot of things can actually have an impact on your cellphone reception. For example, your distance from the nearest cell tower, the local terrain features, buildings or large structures and even vehicles and vegetation.

In regards to the signal booster, it's a good idea but I can understand why you are not interested in investing in that. I actually had another idea in mind;

We actually offer a service called Rogers One Number which allows you to use your cellphone line, from a desktop or tablet, using an Internet connection! Simply log in using your MyRogers credentials.

What type of device are you using?

There is also the option of using Wi-Fi Calling with iOS 9. Click here for more information.

Let us know if this raises additional inquiries,

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

Re: Terrible Reception in Alberta

Thanks for the info. I am going to try ROGERS ONE NUMBER and see if that might help. I have installed it on my iPAD and will wait to see if it works.

I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy S5 but it didn't work with the iPhone 5 that I had previously either. 

Here's hoping . . . . 

I've Been Around

I have been with Rogers for almost a year now and I was with Telus. The coverage in Cnetral Alberta is quite terrible and I am very disappointed. My friends and I have called in about poor reception and have been told everything is working fine. When I was with Telus I had hardly any problems. With Rogers, I have one everyday. Even in highly populated areas. please help

I'm a Regular

Switch back to Telus. Rogers will never achieve the same network quality as the Bell/Telus network. I was with Rogers for years. Switched to Telus a year ago and will never look back. It's a night and day difference.