cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported devices for Wi-Fi Calling

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around

At the bottom of the page, it shows "Last updated: October 3, 2017". Any plans on updating supported devices list soon? Or is there an up-to-date list somewhere?

- Apple stops at 8/8 Plus with iOS 9.
- Samsung stops at Note 5 and S8/S8+ on Android 6.0.1.
- LG stops at G6 on Android 7.0.

*** Edited Labels *** 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Supported devices for Wi-Fi Calling

Hello again, @TwitchyPuppy

My apologies for the mistake made in my first post. Both variations of the Google Pixel 2 and 3 support Wi-Fi calling as well as the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro devices. Please keep in mind, we cannot guarantee that all features will work on a device unless it is a Rogers Branded device. Devices purchased outside of Rogers have not been tested on our network.

I was unable to locate an updated list of devices that are compatible with Wi-Fi calling on the Rogers network. We have made a request to have that article updated and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Until the article is updated we recommend inquiring about the availability of the Wi-Fi calling feature before purchasing a new device especially if it is of utmost importance to you.

You can reach out to us here in the Community by sending a Private message to @CommunityHelps or via any of the customer support channels located HERE

Not sure how are private message system works? Please click HERE to learn more.

RogersTony

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersTony

Hello @TwitchyPuppy,

Wi-Fi calling is a really great feature so I can completely understand your desire to have the feature available on more devices.

I believe you are referring to the support article on Wi-Fi Calling on the Rogers website. Currently, Only iPhone, Samsung and LG devices support this feature. We have not been made aware of any plans to support additional devices at this time. Once there is some news we will definitely share it with the Community.

We appreciate your feedback!

RogersTony

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
I can assure you the Pixel 2 supports it and it works in your network. Hence my question..
I had to guess if it would or not.

Hello again, @TwitchyPuppy

My apologies for the mistake made in my first post. Both variations of the Google Pixel 2 and 3 support Wi-Fi calling as well as the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro devices. Please keep in mind, we cannot guarantee that all features will work on a device unless it is a Rogers Branded device. Devices purchased outside of Rogers have not been tested on our network.

I was unable to locate an updated list of devices that are compatible with Wi-Fi calling on the Rogers network. We have made a request to have that article updated and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Until the article is updated we recommend inquiring about the availability of the Wi-Fi calling feature before purchasing a new device especially if it is of utmost importance to you.

You can reach out to us here in the Community by sending a Private message to @CommunityHelps or via any of the customer support channels located HERE

Not sure how are private message system works? Please click HERE to learn more.

RogersTony

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
Awesome, thanks for that!

Smokemaker
I've been here awhile
Does Sony Xperia zx3 works with wifi calling on Rogers ? I can't find any info on this anywhere . Has anyone tried this before?

Hello, @Smokemaker.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for joining this discussion. Are you referring to Sony Xperia XZ3? I don't recall we offering this device on our network. You are welcome to use non-Rogers devices, but not all the device's features will work. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation