Signal issue in Monkton, Ontario

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Signal issue in Monkton, Ontario

Not sure but i live in Monkton, ontario and when i am in the basement of my building i get no signal. Is there going to be better signal in the area in the future

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: Signal issue in Monkton, Ontario

Hi @lackoftalent,

Thank you for your post! Smiley Happy

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to not get service in the basement of your building. Although we do not guarantee service will work indoors (basement) due to signal-blocking materials in the homes. We can definitely troubleshoot to finding a possible resolution for you. Is the no signal constant or random? Has the signal worked in the basement in the past? Is there a big difference in service when you go outside? Is it the same no service with other Rogers devices in your basement, (friends or relative with Rogers)? What have you tried so far? What type of phone do you have? Depending on your device you may have the option to set the network type to Edge / GSM only, these settings tend to be more stable.

RogersArthur

I Plan to Stick Around

It is always a constant no service available. It has always been the same. when i step outside the signal is always there. it happens to all the phones that my family have. They are all S5 phones.

I know it is a brick building but when i am upstairs i get signal, but down i do not. i was just wondering if there was any type of solution i could try to make it work better.

Let me know if there is anything i could try

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @lackoftalent,

Thank you for your patience.

For cellular signals blocked due to building structure, the most common solution most people go with are cellular signal boosters. Theses boosters are designed to extend and Increase the signals in the home which should improve signal coverage in 1-2 rooms, users normally run an online search to find a suitable cellular booster for their home.

Hope this helps,
RogersArthur