cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM PIN vs PUK vs NETWORK LOCK

Mediaman
I'm a reliable contributor

Background:.

Just experimenting a bit and want to make sure I understand this subject correctly. On my Rogers account, for the last year or so,  I have been using an HTC windows phone. I went through the process at that time to get it unlcoked (it was on Bell at the time) and got a new SIM card from Rogers (there no personal PIN on the SIM card). All reminds good.

Changes:
Lately I am been toying around with an older spare Samsung android phone we had lying around in the house - its now my "training phone" to help me learn the android interface. To date I just use wi-fi the house. 

Issue/Question:

As both phones use the same type of SIM card, I thought I could just move the SIM card over, from the HTC to the Samsung. When I do so, it prompts me for a  PIN, ie it prompts: "SIM Network Unlock PIN". I tried 1234 and 0000 but these dont work. And I know if I try too many attempts, I will need to get a PUK (PIN UnlockKey) from Rogers and reset the PIN.

BUT WAIT .... I never set a PIN on that card, so I'm thinking this is just a bogus message .. and what's really happening is that the Samsung phone is locked ( just confrimed it is, with WIND) and that what I really need to do is unlock it ( for $50).

Am I correct? Is that the reason the Samsung is prompting me for a SIM PIN ( even though a PIN was never set) ??? 

27 REPLIES 27

Re: SIM PIN vs PUK vs NETWORK LOCK

my guess is you would need to give them a call so they can get the puk number from your account and give it to you, as this number is unique to your sim card and no one elses.

VitriolicSat
I've been around

This website is a nightmare. It will not let me make my own post so I am forced to revive a 5 year old thread. How do I get the PUK to unlock my phone?

you have to call customer service to get the PUK code

polli
I've been around

confrimed? whats that?

Good evening @polli,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post!

We surely want to answer your question to the best of our abilities. However, it would be ideal if you could elaborate on the nature of your inquiry.

Are you looking for your PUK code? Please let us know how we can assist you. Thank you so much. 🙂

RogersMaude

I need a puk code for my Apple tablet sim card

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Moose31!

My name is Corey and I can help retrive a PUK code for you but I'll first need to gather your account information in private. 🙂

Please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats