SIM PIN vs PUK vs NETWORK LOCK

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: SIM PIN vs PUK vs NETWORK LOCK

@Twilli

have you tried using a bell sim and then entering the PUK code? perhaps a visit to a bell store and ask them to put a bell sim in then unlock the device. Since you purchased the phone from bell, and paid bell to unlock the phone  they should be able to unlock it. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Twilli

Since this is a Bell phone and you paid Bell to unlock it, they should be able to provide that for u! Contact Bell or visit a Bell store and see what they can do. I'm pretty sure they should be able to give u the Puk code.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Twilli

Since this is a Bell phone and you paid Bell to unlock it, they should be able to provide that for u! Contact Bell or visit a Bell store and see what they can do. I'm pretty sure they should be able to give u the Puk code.

I literally posted that...lol

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My Sim is lock I have no idea what is the pin

Hello @User1259,

Welcome to the Community Robot Happy!

I know I would be frustrated if I was locked out of my phone or SIM. What device are you currently using? Do you see Enter PIN or Enter PUK on the screen? We can complete the request for you.  Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system please visit the blog here

RogersZia

I've Been Around

Argghh!

OK, I have a Rogers Samsung Note 5. Want to unlock it. C

Called Rogers and they told me to put my Telus SIM card in and got the message:

"SIM network pin blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

I then called Telus and got the PUK code (code attached to the Telus SIM card/IMEI), entered it and still the same message. Telus tech support had no idea. 

When I put my Rogers SIM back in, there are no issues. SIM works and no PUK code needed. 

Called Rogers, tech support had me put Telus SIM back in and retry PUK code. Also tried Rogers unlock code. Still locked!

Nobody from Telus or Rogers can tell me what to do. Do I need some Samsung unfreeze or master code?

Thanks in advance to any and all!

I've Been Around

Hi i've been using an unlocked phone with Rogers sim card in it for about half a year now, then my sim lock itself (didnt know that was possible).
After the 5 or so attempts, it began asking me for a PUK code. i entered them provided by the Rogers customer service and it's asking me now for a Master Unlock Code.

That same sim card works though on another phone. Is it my sim card that or is it my phone that suddenly locked itself? please help

Hello @razwunand @jungaree,

Welcome to the Rogers Community. Smiley Wink Thank you for your posts!

Having issues with your unlocked phone is never fun. I can imagine the inconveniences this may cause you.

The PUK code is a security feature. When you first turn on your phone, it should ask you to enter a PIN code (unless deactivated).  If you put in the wrong PIN 3 times the phone will then ask you for your PUK (PIN unlock) code. You must call Customer Care to get your PUK code to unlock your phone.

The normal resolution is for us to provide you with the PIN or PUK code. You have 10 attempts to successfully enter the PUK code and unlock the SIM. If you’re unsuccessful after 10 attempts, the SIM card will be disabled and you will need to purchase a new one.

If you followed these steps to no resolution, we might have to look into this matter further in order to escalate it to the appropriate department.

Could you please send a Private Message @CommunityHelps when you're back online and available?

You can find instructions on our private messaging system, here.

Thanks!

RogersMaude 

I've Been Around

Locked SIM

PUK My SIM card in my galaxy A5 is blocked so I need the PUK number to unlock it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@PUK wrote:
Locked SIM

PUK My SIM card in my galaxy A5 is blocked so I need the PUK number to unlock it.

Very Easy, just call customer service for Rogers and ask them what is your PUK (pronounced Puke) code and they will give it to you.  you will then reset your sim pin and away you go