cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers-ext implementation is horrible

Rayg
I plan to stick around

Thought this would be good and its simply a disaster for me because Rogers-ext comes in and out at my house. I get several texts a day telling me about this wonderful New service and jump from the old crappy Rogers signal to 4 bars of Roger-ext back to horrible all day long.  Idea is good but Implementation is horrible for users at home in an zone with weak signal.  Plus after calls to support they won't listen or do anything about it.

28 REPLIES 28

Re: Rogers-ext implementation is horrible

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Rayg,

I would suggest submitting your improvement idea for Rogers EXT network to the IdeaBox here.

I can see how the flipping back and forth between the Rogers network and the EXT network would be frustrating, but at this time the network feature is functioning as it should; and that being when the Rogers network is available, regardless of 'how strong', it will always choose the Rogers network over the EXT network.

RogersDarrell

Dianavenditti
I've been here awhile

I received a text message from Rogers regarding Rogrrs-Ext. today is the first time I've ever gotten a text about this service. Ever since, the service for mobile data is horrible in an area I've been using the phone for years. How does service change overnight? This is my place of work where I use my phone constantly. It's always worked and now doesn't. If this keeps up I will have to switch providers. Ivr never had issues with coverage in this area until today. What has changed? I can't seem to use anything now.

*** Edited Labels ***

Hey @Dianavenditti,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Can you provide a little more detail on what the sms message entailed?

To troubleshoot a little more, what kind of phone you are using?

Cheers,

RogersShakir

Thank you for your quick response. I'm using an iPhone 6. I have powered my phone on and off. I've reset network settings, changed to LTE and the message I received was "you have recently entered a Rogers ext service area....." It's a little too long to type the full SMS. But first time I recieved this was today and first time I've ever heard of this and seen on my phone. Especially for an area that I used my phone all of the time. Now that I've left that area I'm on 2 bars LTE.

Hi @Dianavenditti,

Thank you for your Post.

I understand you're concerns as to why you are receiving the Rogers EXT (Extended Network Coverage) message and why your device would all of a sudden connect to the Rogers Ext service. This normally happens when the user travels outside the Rogers network or in your case when the device is no longer in range of a Rogers tower. Seems like the area that you've used your phone all of the time has become degraded to no longer connecting to the Rogers tower so the device is connecting to the next available tower.

The Rogers EXT is a solution to offer a better customer experience in areas with poor service. We also offer Rogers One Number as a solution. For more information on how the Rogers EXT works please click here.

Hope the link helps,
RogersArthur

Kalh2
I've been around
I truly thought Rogers -ext would be great as I live out in a rural area. Completely outside of Rogers "foot print"... unfortunately I'm finding that having Roger-ext causes my cellphone to stop automatically connecting back with the Rogers network itself... so frustrating. I have to restart my phone once I get back into town to connect to Rogers again. I love Rogers.. as much as I'm frustrated sometimes I've been a long term customer with them and typically have no issues. Not only do I hope that Rogers expands it's footprint but I hope they can improve the roaming feature going forward. For now, I won't be using it.

I live in an EXT area and my phone worked great for the first 5 months. Now I have NO SERVICE unless I go outside the house. BUT ......my husbands phone works fine inside  the house and All of my neighbours on the same side of the street use Rogers and have no issues. 

I have tried the following:

1) reset carriers

2)used only manual select on carriers and

3)even went to the Apple store to get a brand new phone as I thought the problem was the antennae on the phone.

Now I have a brand new phone and still NO service. It is so frustrating!!! 

can Rogers turn off my service- someone told me that if I go over 50% usage during one month they can shut me off. 

HELP!

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@gushmac

@gushmac wrote:

I live in an EXT area and my phone worked great for the first 5 months. Now I have NO SERVICE unless I go outside the house. BUT ......my husbands phone works fine inside  the house and All of my neighbours on the same side of the street use Rogers and have no issues. 

I have tried the following:

1) reset carriers

2)used only manual select on carriers and

3)even went to the Apple store to get a brand new phone as I thought the problem was the antennae on the phone.

Now I have a brand new phone and still NO service. It is so frustrating!!! 

can Rogers turn off my service- someone told me that if I go over 50% usage during one month they can shut me off. 

HELP!

I would suggest calling Rogers and ask them to see whats going on with your account. 

Topic Stats