Rogers SMSC Server Settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neenus
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers SMSC Server Settings

So is there a way I can get Rogers SMSC server settings; basically I have a NAS unit and I want to set the unit to send me sms messages in case of a warrning or notification and it's asking me for the below smsc server setting:

sms server login name

sms server login password

sms server API_ID

I'm not sure where I can get usch information or if it is available for public users at all as this has been bothering me for a while and I can't find it anywhere; I tried calling Rogers but the CSR's had no idea what I was talking about and they kept giving me the service centre number for sms messages which is entirely diffirent than what I'm asking for.

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers SMSC Server Settings

Hi @neenus ,

I too have asked around and was directed to our internal Service Centre’.

They would most likely be your best bet at this point to get the information you are looking for.

I wish I had the direct answer you are looking for.

Has anyone else in the community come across this before or familiar with the query?

neenus
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply ... any idea how can I get in touch with the internal service center ??
RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@neenus , you are most welcome.

I will PM you the contact number for the Service Centre.

Please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thank you.

neenus
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello again Michael,

thanks for following up I got the number however when I call it doesn't seem the number is working it keeps disconnecting 😞

RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @neenus ,

You are welcome.

Ok, I will reach back out to you again.

Please check your message icon. Thank you.

Rhialto
I Plan to Stick Around

Must have bought the same NAS, I'm also looking for that info.

RogersCorey

Hi @Rhialto,

That's a rather nifty feature that I would personally be interested in. I've been heavily considering getting a NAS to replace my current backup solution too!

In this case however, we do not have the info that the OP requested. A phone is automatically authenticated via our wireless network so no login nor API settings are necessary. The only thing necessary to connect a phone to our SMS network is the SMSC number (+1-705-796-9300) .

If the SMSC number is not enough to get this feature to work, it's possible we offer this service through IOT. You can find more info with regards to IOT here: Internet of Things | Rogers

Otherwise, you may want to seek out a third party solution if the SMS feature is of the utmost importance to you.

Regards,

RogersCorey