cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Release of Gigabit LTE?

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

at what point will rogers wireless release Gigabit LTE in #mertoVancouver/BC.. ETC my If my LG V30 is Capable of doing it!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Release of Gigabit LTE?

RogersZia

Hello @cafekief,

While this would definitely be the next evolution in wireless and will change the way we connect to the world around us, we presently do not have any upcoming changes to our current set up. 

Stay tuned as always for all the big announcements Robot Happy!

RogersZia

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RogersZia

Hello @cafekief,

While this would definitely be the next evolution in wireless and will change the way we connect to the world around us, we presently do not have any upcoming changes to our current set up. 

Stay tuned as always for all the big announcements Robot Happy!

RogersZia

what phones would work with it tho?
LG V30? iphone 8 plus? anymore details? on gigabit LTE

any news on this yet?? already Mid July..

Hi again @cafekief,

We appreciate your interest and diligence, however we have no new updates at this time. Like I mentioned earlier, we'll definitely update the Community if there are any changes or you can always keep an eye out on rogers.com for more info Robot Happy!

RogersZia

https://www.rcrwireless.com/20180723/5g/rogers-communications-small-cells-5g-ceo-tag23

The rollout of gigabit LTE.... capable device of gigabit speeds? North Okanagan? and or #SurreyBC compares speeds on LG V30.. ETC

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

I received this e-mail from Rogers last night.

https://connected.rogers.com/tech-and-gadgets/posts/rogers-is-committed-to-enhancing-its-wireless-an...

That's what it says ''

Stay connected with Rogers wireless

Rogers wireless customers already benefit from a network that covers 97% of Canadians and includes extended coverage across the country, so you can stay connected through your smartphones and other devices wherever your day takes you. From the days of analogue voice calls and then SMS texting with 2G, to browsing the web on your phone with 3G and high-speed data and video streaming with 4G LTE, we’ve come a long way. To continue delivering a premium, next-generation wireless service to Canadians, Rogers is committed to laying the foundation for the future by bringing Gigabit LTE and preparing for 5G technology. As part of this plan, Rogers will continue to enhance its wireless networks in two ways: by boosting and densifying.

Boosting means enhancing existing cell sites to increase speed and LTE coverage in denser places, such as cities. Densification means building new cell sites within our existing network to improve speed and coverage in smaller, targeted areas.

As this enhancement continues, you will enjoy a faster, more reliable and consistent wireless experience than ever before. Tomorrow, you’ll enjoy endless possibilities as we embark on the world of 5G.

Future-proofing Internet and TV services

Consumer technology is changing quickly and relentlessly, and the next generation of TV and Internet services – including innovative whole-home solutions – call for a robust and dependable cable network that’s up to the task.

Rogers is dedicated to ongoing network investments so customers will continue to benefit from a reliable home experience, even as technology evolves. The Rogers fibre-powered network uses a combination of fibre-optic cables to the neighbourhood plus high capacity coax cables to the home – advanced technology that has already made Gigabit speeds available everywhere Rogers offers Ignite Internet™ today and supports the new Ignite TV service. The latest upgrades will extend the fibre infrastructure even more to further increase network capacity in various neighbourhoods. These enhancements will welcome the next generation of home services to come. ''

I'd like more information on the latest upgrade about the fibre infrastructure even more further to increase network capacity, does it mean Rogers will go further than FTTN?

Anytime soon? Any more info on LTE 4.5 or 5g? #cnet

@cafekief, your enthusiasm is always appreciated. We'll update the Community whenever we have more info.

Stay tuned!

RogersZia

When will this be scaleable?

is coming to a full release? hopefully soon? @RogersZia 

Good morning @cafekief!

I can tell you're really excited about the potential of Gigabit speeds over a data connection, I am too!

This kind of upgrade to our network will be a big deal and there will be a lot of fanfare around the announcement. When it does happen, trust me, you won't be able to miss it!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation