Rogers Frequencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Frequencies

Hello danny3029333

Yes indeed those will work on Rogers but what is the device name?. Just want to see if the hardware and bands will match for Rogers.

I've Been Here Awhile

It's called the Xiaomi 3

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello danny3029333

Yes indeed it will work on Rogers Smiley Happy. Looks like a nice device

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all, 

I'm recently thinking of purchasing a smartphone from Asia and using it here in Toronto. From the specs sheet I looked up on Internet im pretty sure it will work, but the only concern is about LTE compatibility. Please correct me if I'm wrong (either frequency and/or band) that Rogers uses FDD-LTE with 1700(band 4), 2100 and 2600(band 7), aka AWS, plus the newly-acquired 700 (band 17).

Now the connectivity spec of the phone as follows:

GSM:  850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

UMTS:  850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz

FDD-LTE:  700 (band 28), 900 (band 8), 1800 (band 3), 2100 (band 1), 2600 (band 7) MHz

TDD-LTE:  2300 (band 40), 2500 (band 41), 2600 (band 38) MHz

even tho it supports both type of LTE, let's just leave out the TDD-LTE here because it obviously won't work with Rogers, so, based on the FDD-LTE spec listed above, does anyone know if such said phone will work smoothly with Rogers' LTE network? Also, got a quick question, if a phone indeed covers the LTE frequency/bands Rogers uses, would it matter between (A) only one band cover, eg. 2600(band 7) , versus (B) two or more bands being covered, eg. 2600(band 7) and 2100(band 1), or more? 

Really appreciate any anwser from all you folks out there!! Thanks in advance!!

I've Been Here Awhile

My family sent me a phone from overseas, a Xiaomi Redmi Note. Does it work on Rogers network? I don't think it works on Telus because I put in a Telus sim and it said no service. The freq it support is listed as:

2G Network GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100

I don't care so much about data right now, just voice. It's a really nice phone and I don't want to waste it.

I've Been Here Awhile

I should add when I did a network scan, it picked up one thing "Rogers 2G", but it said "restricted" beside it and I couldn't connect to it. Not sure if it's because I had a Telus sim in it at the time.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@

In the end, the # of bands SHOULD generally matter.. mostly.

The different bands, have different frequency strenghts, etc.... so if you only have one of the possible, if you are in an area where say that one particularily doesnt reach, but one of the others does... you might not have service, but the next guy might who does have both available.

@ 

You should get EDGE connection just fine.. i THINK it looks like you should get some 3G at least with it.

I've Been Here Awhile

@Gdkitty

thanks for the reply first of all, so from the scenario u presented, basically a conclusion could be made that with more bands compatible, the greater the area being covered, right? (if we put aside the fact that different bands with different penetration rates and covered area), and from that point on it all comes down to HSPA+ or next tier connectivity? say, if such phone compatible with common north american HSPA bands, then the only thing being affected might just be the LTE part, with possibly less coverage and weaker signals eh?

thanks again for the reply, really appreciate it!

I've Been Around

Hello, I am consider to purchase a new phone without contract, there are two models that I would like to compare, could I get help on which one, two or none of them will work on Roger's LTE? I am at WInnipeg which has LTE on my current phone.

Option 1:

Huawei Ascend P7 L00: FDD-LTE:B1(2100MHz)/B3(1800MHz)

Option 2:

OnePlus One: FDD-LTE:2100 / 1800 / 2600

Does Rogers support FDD-LTE 2100 frequencie? If I look at other cellphone come with LTE 2100 or 2600, could I assume that cellphone will work under Roger's LTE eniverment?

Thanks all for your help.

I've Been Around

Hi,

I have an unlocked android phone with the following network specs:

NETWORK

Bands GSM 1800, GSM 900, WCDMA 2100, WCDMA 900

Protocols 3G

GPS GPS, A-GPS

will it work on Rogers network?

Thanks

Bobrayan