Rogers Frequencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Rogers Frequencies

Hello @kooleeoh

I agree with @b-ry. It looks good. It will work, just make sure the APN settings are correctly set (if the phone doesn't auto-load it from the Rogers sim card (some phones do, my brother's One Plus One did)

However, there is always a disclaimer stating, that Grey-Market devices (a device that isn't provided by the carrier, in this case Rogers) are not guaranteed to work.

So if it doesn't work. It isn't supported.

However, I haven't seen any Roger's user who uses One Plus X having any issues.

Just remember APN settings are correct (which are discussed here in the community numerous times, and also available on the support section of Rogers.com

Cheers!

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks

Seems to be working.  There is an H at the top right corner.  Sometimes it switches to 3G, but eventually goe back to H.  What does that mean?

Do i need to make additional changes.  APN settings where mentioned.  Where can i find that thread

Thanks

K

I'm a Regular

@kooleeoh

It sounds like your APN settings are good if you are getting 3G and 4G signal!

I cannot speak for the OnePlus X, but with my unlocked Lumia 1020, a "H" instead of "3G" means it is running on the HSPA+ network. Some phones call this 4G, others HSPA+ -- my Lumia 1020 displays as H+, my older Lumia 920 showed as 4G -- The when you see an "LTE" it means you are on LTE.

As for APN settings, the following link is where you will find them -- http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/thread-id/31936

Hope that helps, any other questions feel free to ask.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Beautiful! Everything is working good!

No need to tweak APN. Smiley Very Happy

@b-ry got your back on this @kooleeoh. hehe

I'm Here A Lot

Hi guys,

Knowing the general frequencies is like knowing the highway buy not what lane to be in. That is where the bandwidth or band numbers come in. The band numbers designate the exact frequency of the technology being used. Telus, Bell, and Rogers all use the 1900 frequency but in different areas with in 1900 & 2000 mhz. 

Rogers is expanding their network to have full coverage in Western Canada with the frequencies of UMTS 850, UMTS 1900, LTE 700, LTE 2100, LTE 2600. GSM coverage is still the old stand by. Some time in the future there will be a new L1900 that will be voice over IP along with data.

Pacificrigger.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I am looking at buying an unlocked phone from China or Hong Kong as the variety and prices are way better. However, I'm not sure if the said phone will work with Rogers Network. I found configurations of the phone I'm interested in which is as following:

Network type: GSM+WCDMA+FDD-LTE
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz

Can anyone confirm that this phone will work with Rogers?

Thank you,

Alexandra

Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Hey @Alexandra0502. Welcome to the Community!

As @RogersGabrielle stated, You can find the answers here: Will my unlocked mobile device work with the Rogers network?

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Alexandra,

This depends where in the Rogers network you will be using it.  

In the West, BC & AB, the operating Rogers network is on 700LTE, 850WCDMA, 1900WCDMA, 2100LTE, 2600LTE. This upgrade of 700LTE is still in progress but most of the city areas have some pterry good service. 

FYI - WCDMA is also known as UMTS here. In the coming future there will also be a new 1900LTE service by Rogers.

Pacificrigger

I've Been Around

Quel sont les fréquences LTE pour Rogers dans la région de kamouraska, Québec et La Malbaie Québec

Merci

Please specified Rogers LTE frequency and Band for the kamouraska, Québec and La Malbaie, Québec areas

Thanks

Tany

I Plan to Stick Around

Looking at the Rogers coverage map, it appears LTE might be spotty in the areas.  Here is a link to the Rogers coverage page:

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/network-coverage

Also, you can find cell towers and frequencies in the area here:

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Zoom in on your area and look for the Rogers towers which are indicated in red.  Click on a tower and you can see the frequencies and antenna directions.  I am not sure how accurate the cell tower location map is, but it will give an idea.

Hopefully, someone from Rogers will respond here and can give more information.