Rogers Frequencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rogers Frequencies

Good evening @sayvari ,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the forums!

The wireless spectrum is the airwave used to carry wireless signals.

In North America there are three bands of spectrum: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz, and 1700 MHz uplink/2100 MHz downlink.

The preferred spectrum for wireless is 850 MHz because it provides superior in-building coverage and wider geographic coverage.We’re the only wireless provider with 850 MHz spectrum in every major market in Canada.

We also have 1900 MHz spectrum nationally and it provides more capacity for higher internet speeds.

This means our customers have wireless service running on the best spectrum and that result in fewer dropped calls, better internet access and more stable internet speeds.

Technically, the device you are looking to purchase should be functional on the Rogers network. 

Keep in mind that you might not have access to our LTE network and that we can unfortunately not guarantee the functionality/compatibility of a non-Rogers device.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi i don't know where else to post this question I was wondering if you know the answer to my question. I bought a Bell Note 4 and unlocked it to use with Rogers but whenever I make calls it automatically switches to H+, do you know why that is? Is it because Bell uses WCDMA? I've no problem with browsing at all, just making calls it keeps switching and there's no option to switch. Any help would be grateful! Thanks.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 02ngzara

This happens with all devices. If lets say your device shows LTE & you receive or make a call, it will automaticly bring it down to lets say 4G or H+ ( they are both the same thing to be honest). This happens on EVERY single phone. There is no option to switch this.
I've Been Here Awhile

Interesting because the Rogers one that was broken never went down to H+. Thank's for answering my question, Meowmix.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 02ngrara

That is because it would show "4G " instead. 4G and H+ are the same thing but just diffrent wording.

You are welcome Smiley Happy
I've Been Around

Rogers Frequencies

Hi,

sorry if this has already been asnwered but i cannot find an answer anywhere.

will my htc one m8 from wind work on the rogers network? including 4g 

thanks

Good evening @boo1994 ,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I have verified the frequencies used by the device you mentioned above (HTC M8 from Wind Mobile)

and they are : GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.

Based on the information previously provided, the preferred spectrum for wireless is 850 MHz but we also have 1900 MHz spectrum nationally.

The device you wish to use should be functional on the Rogers network. However, you might not have access to our LTE network and we cannot guarantee the functionality/compatibility of your non-Rogers device.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

Hi,

I work for an inbuilding wireless design group in the US. I have a client (US) that has a resort about 2 miles from White Rock, BC. The people staying at the resort are having handoff (Roaming) issues between US carries and Rodgers Comm. The one whitout international roaming are paying intl. roaming fees.

My goal is to dominate the Rodgers coverage entering the resort facility  but I need to know what Bands and Freq. are beeing used by Rodgers.

Please help.

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Frequencies

Hi,

My husband got two new iphones 4 while he was in China. He was told however that the iphones are 'CDMA' and won't work here in Canada with Rogers.  Is it true?

How can we unlock and use the iphones?

Thanks for the reply.

Good evening @kaiju11 ,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I wanted to shed some light on the two types of devices used by carriers, which are the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) and Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM). Both technologies transmit voice and data, however they do so in different ways. This being said, you most likely will not have the ability to take a CDMA phone and use it on a GSM network or vice versa. 

I haven't heard of a way for you to change this. Unfortunately, if there is one we will not be able to assist you with this. If you try putting in a SIM card from a GSM carrier into a CDMA iPhone 4, you'll most likely get an error message. Even if you successfully get the phone unlocked, there are chances that some of the services may not function properly. For example, you might not be able to connect to our LTE network or send and receive text messages.

I understand how frustrating this must be. Hope this helps!

RogersMaude