I'm about to purchase an unlocked AT&T phone with the following frequency band:

• 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
  • 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
  • 4G Network LTE 700 MHz Class 17 / 1700 / 2100

I read that Rogers network band are:

• 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
  • 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
  • 4G Network LTE 1700 / 2100 / 2600

Will my unlocked AT&T phone have 3G and 4G on Rogers' network?

Thanks

***edited labels***

341 REPLIES 341

Re: Rogers Frequencies

scoalegil
I plan to stick around
This is my experience as well. I think it may have to do with the handover from 4G to 3G to 2G where there's no 3G to find. Apparently, there's a way to delay the forward to voicemail to give it time to find the network. It's all new to me too.

Bmassche
I've been here awhile

Well hopefully someone can figure it out. My LTE sim works great on my s5 and I got the doogee x5 to use both sims. One personal and one for work. I bought on presale when 850/1900 3g band was supposed to work. Turns out its 900/2100 EU bands. In pretty disappointed. Never buy a phone on presale as specs are not final!

rayzhao
I've been around

Just wonder if the AT&T V10 works with Rogers Network? Looks like the lte band of the V10 is missing band 17. Will band 4 & 7 good enough to cover Rogers LTE? And if the band 12 works with Rorgers? Thanks

scoalegil
I plan to stick around

Bands 4 & 7 should provide optimal LTE coverage on the Rogers network. I use a phone with only 7 here in Halifax and it works perfectly. 4 is in even broader use as I understand it. 

I'm considering buying this tablet, and i am wondering if I can expect the phone and the 4g parts of it to work on rogers in Vancouver?

Here is a link to the manufacturer:
www.cube-tablet.com/cube-t9-4g-lte-phone-call-tablet-mtk8752-octa-core-64bit-android-4-4-2-0ghz-9-7-...

Here are the listed radio attributes:
Network type: GSM+WCDMA+FDD LTE
Frequency: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA 1900/2100MHz FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz

Overall attributes:

Android 4.4 OS
MTK8752 Octa Core 
2GB RAM 32GB ROM
9.7 inch 2048x1536 Air Retina Screen
2.0MP+13.0MP Dual Camera
2G: GSM band2/3/5/8
3G: WCDMA band1/5;
       TD-SCDMA :1900MHz/2100MHz
4G: TDD-LTE band38/39/40;
       FDD-LTE band1/3/7/17 

Cube T9 4G General

***Edited Labels***

Good afternoon @Morkaleb,

Thank you for your post!

GSM devices manufactured outside Canada can be used on the Rogers network on the 1900 Mhz frequency, however the performance of the device cannot be guaranteed.

RogersMaude

Can someone help me with my new Mi Note Pro cell phone?

This phone can support:

FDD-LTE bands 1 / 3 / 7

TD-LTE bands 38 / 39 / 40 / 41

Somehow, I only had 3G/H+ when I put my roger lte SIM card in it......

Rogers LTE bands are 17 / 4 / 7

already add a new apn : ltemobile.apn

but it doesnt work

neophile
I've been here awhile

I'm confused about all the various frequencies, can anyone please advise if the LG V10 from Hong Kong will work on the LTE on Rogers, the specs are below? 

Thank you

2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bandsLTE2100 (B1), TD-SCDMA2000, TD-SCDMA1900, LTE1800 (B3), LTE2600 (B7), LTE800 (B6), TD-LTE2600 (B38), TD-LTE2500 (B41), TD-LTE2300 (B40), TD-LTE1900 (B39)

Good evening @neophile,

Devices that are manufactured outside Canada can be used on the 1900 Mhz frequency of the Rogers network.

However, the performance of the device is not guaranteed.

RogersMaude

neophile
I've been here awhile

Thank you, and how about these? It's confusing, since there doens't seem to be a consistent way of writing these out. It looks like the 7 band LTE will work with Rogers, but the 3g bands are a different format of writing them out, so I can't tell what they represent.

The other question would be, does it matter? If I've got LTE, do I even need to worry about the other bands?....of course, all this could have been avoided if Rogers just brought in the V10 themselves 😉

Thank you

Daniel

Cellular Band:3G Band:1, 2, 5 / 4G LTE Band:1, 3, 5, 7, 8

Hello again Daniel @neophile,

I totally understand your concerns. It’s obvious that, if you are looking to purchase a new phone, you want a functional device that delivers to the best of its capabilities.

For example, from the information provided in your previous post, I've highlighted the 1900 band.

2G GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G LTE2100 (B1), TD-SCDMA1900, LTE1800 (B3),   TD-LTE1900 (B39)

We cannot offer you technical support for that  phone, since you will have purchased it from a third party. I do not have a database with the specs of that particular device as we do not carry it. Hence why, I have to warn you that all of the features of that cellphone might not be compatible, while it's being used on our Network.

Please, feel free to let us know if you have any other questions. Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

Just got a question, if I buy z5 premium from other country (for example: UK, hong kong, etc...) will it able to connect to Rogers LTE? I know US phone can, because I bought an One Plus phone before. 

@orphan0615

Welcome to the Community Forums 🙂

If you know the frequency specifications of the device we can determine if the device is compatible on our network.

You can also take a look here for more information about using unlocked devices.

RogersMay

I bought a RedMi 2 phone from Hong Kong, used a HK sim card and when retruning to Canada put in the Rogers sim card. It deosn't work. It can detect the sim name and number correctly and then a message appears "international message may incur charges, please activate it with your carrier" etc. After pressing "activate", nothing happens. If it can identify the carrier with the correct sim name and number, why doesn't Rogers allow the phone to access the sim card and the network ?

I had friends using the same phone with Rogers go as you pay, why didn't it work woth a subscribed user ?

Good Afternoon @yimtai,

Have you confirmed that RedMi2 is not locked to another provider? If the device is locked you will not be able to use it on the Rogers network.

Regards,

@RogersGabrielle

am sure it is unlocked. Tried 3 different carriers, one in Hong Kong and 2 in China, all worked. Besides if you read carefully what I described, the device can identify it was a "Rogers" sim card and it display the right number.

@yimtai

Devices that are manufactured outside Canada can be used on the 1900MHz frequency on the Rogers network. However , the performance of the device is not guaranteed.

RogersSannecia

yimtai
I'm here a lot
Very disappointed with the answer. I asked one thing, both of you give another response not helpful in solving my problem, it simply IS not working.

Good Afternoon @yimtai,

I can understand your frustration in not being able to use your phone on the Rogers network. Unfortunately, since it is not a device that is supported by Rogers, there is limited troubleshooting we can do. We also cannot guarantee its performance on our network.

With that said, there are some final troubleshooting steps you can try. To confirm that all your settings are set up correctly to function properly on the Rogers network please click here.

You may also want to ensure that your APN settings are set up for optimal use on the Rogers network. Please click here to find out how to configure those. 

Hope this information helps!

@RogersGabrielle

I'm looking at getting a moto e to use on rogers pay as you go. Would it be compatable and can I activate it as pay as you go?

There are 3 options, which would work:

Bands (by model)

Moto E with 4G LTE - US GSM (XT1527):
GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 1700 (AWS), 1900 MHz)
4G LTE (2, 4, 5, 7, 17)

Moto E - US GSM (XT1511):
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 1700 (AWS), 1900 MHz)

Moto E - Global GSM (XT1505):
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)

scoalegil
I plan to stick around

@yimtai I will try to help. Based on the specs I see online for that device you should be able to use it with LTE, 3G, and GSM service. I have an imported unlocked phone that works perfectly on the Rogers Network. Rogers is in fact the best network for coverage for these unlocked imported devices. There are quirks though.

Make sure your APN settings are correct choose the LTE APN. Settings -> More... -> Mobile (Cellular) Networks -> Access Point Names choose the top option. Back to previous menu and ensure Preferred Network is set to 4G.

Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like some more help, I have been messing around with these things for a few months and will offer any help I can.