Rogers Frequencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Re: Rogers Frequencies

will a AT&T Blackberry Bold wrk on the Rogers network??

have a Bold laying around!! want to know if it will wrk and if i can get a sim!!

Highlighted

Hello @cafekief,

As long as the device is functional and unlocked you should be able to use it with a Rogers SIM. If it is an unlocked device, you can test using your current Rogers SIM in the phone. 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello, looking for some advice on buying a Redmi Note 8T.  Since I have had trouble with my Asus phone in rural areas, I wanted to check compatibility with the Rogers/AT&T Network.  Specs on the phone are as follows:

2G: GSM B2/3/5/8,
 3G: WCDMA B1/2/4/5/8, 
 4G: FDD LTE B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20/28; TDD LTE B38/40;

Is anyone able to confirm that this phone will work well with Rogers or suggest a different model that will?  Thanks!
Highlighted

Hello and welcome to our Community @blacknail.

I hope you are safe in this difficult time.

In regards to your inquiry, we cannot guarantee that any grey market, third party device will operate on our network. We always recommend getting a device directly from us if you're concerned about support, because we can't offer much in the way of support for third party devices.

However, one of our awesome Community members may have experience using this third-party device on Rogers Network can perhaps guide you. If so, please share!

Regards

RogersNiki

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi, I have a cottage in McGregor Bay, Ontario and the only internet available is with my Rogers service which is very intermittent if trees get wet etc.

I am a Ham operator and have a 50ft tower on the island and am considering purchasing an Outdoor 4G Cellular Router which I would mount on the tower.
https://www.outdoorrouter.com/product/america-outdoor-4g-cellular-router-dual-sim-card
If necessary, I would feed it with a Yagi antenna directed at your cell site. I need to know frequency bands used to ensure my Yagi is optimised for the correct band.

Can you tell my which LTE band is used from the two accessible sites from my location:

1: The Lafarge whitefish terminal (cement plant) (46 deg 01’15.06N 81 deg 44’35.50W)

2: Willisville Tower just north of White fish falls. (46 deg 07’42.97N 81 deg 44’31.16W)

Thanks for your help.

Andy

Highlighted

Hello and welcome to our Community @VE3ORE!

While we don't directly support such setups, I can get you pointed in the right direction by answering your question. Both of these tower sites broadcast 2G, 3G and LTE frequencies.

The Rogers network uses the following bands:

GSM and UMTS

• 850 MHz  
  • 1900 MHz 

LTE

• 700MHz (Band 12)
  • 1900MHz (Band 2)
  • 1700/2100MHz (AWS, Band 4)
  • 2600MHz (Band 7)

I hope that helps!

Regards,

RogersCorey