Rogers Frequencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Frequencies

Hi kco

Thanks for that exhaustive explanation of your process to get your device to work. I definitely do not have much time to waste….I will most probably go with the ZTE device.

Thanks again, Michael

I've Been Around

Hi there
I am planning to get a Sony xperia z5 premium dual in hk to use with Roger, what should I be looking for? I hear LTE in hk is totally different from Canada. I want to get a phone that will work with LTE in Vancouver, what is the freq or band that I need?

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

check a few posts up, it's been answered many times in this thread. 

I've Been Around

samsung s4 freq problem

hi,

i have a samsung s4 and i type the *#0011#

it show the following

QQ图片20160512132918.jpg

may i know will rogers or other cell company able to use this phone?

I've Been Around

Unlocked phone

Hi I am buying an unlocked cell phone and it has the following frequencies:

2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz

Will this work on the Rogers network?

I've Been Around

OnePlus 3 Compatibility

Hello

I am planning to purchase a OP3 from Hong Kong (Europe/Asia model) with the following connectivity specs:

Network: GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

WCDMA: Bands 1/2/5/8
FDD-LTE: Bands 1/3/5/7/8/20
TDD-LTE: Bands 38/40

Just wondering if it will work with Rogers and more importantly if I will get LTE connectivity?

Thanks in advance
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers Frequency Compatibility with a Chinese Smartphone

Hello, 

I am thinking of importing a Chinese smartphone but I am wondering if it will work with Rogers Wireless with the following frequencies of the Chinese smartphone:

FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM
2G: GSM 900/1900/2100MHz

3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz

I Plan to Stick Around

Something to consider with frequencies is whether the phone covers LTE band 17 i.e. 700 mHz.  Rogers has, and continues, to roll that service out in many areas.  The lower frequencies are better for pentetrating obstacles such as trees and cover longer distances than the higher frequencies.  So theoretically the 700 MHz band may be better in fringe areas, providing Rogers has deployed it in the area.  I'm don't have a strong knowledge of the technology but I think that is the case.

As long as it were not too much more money I personally would look for a phone that includes the 700 MHz in its frequencies.

I'm Here A Lot

KCO, Very good discription of how this works. 

As a Construction Manager for the Rogers recent upgrades, I have seen a lot change in the last 15 years. The 700 mHz is one of the better changes for the long distance LTE while the 2100 & 2600 LTE cover high speed and capacity in the densely populated areas. Since the 700 Band 17 is new it is not covered in some stats but here is a link to what is compatible to most of Rogers Wireless. More changes will be coming in the next 2 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogers_Wireless

Pacificrigger

I've Been Here Awhile

I am planning to buy a Xiaomi RedMi 3 Pro Prime.  Before I proceed, I need to makre sure if that phone is compatible with the Roger's network.  That phone uses the following network frequencies

2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz; CDMA 2000: BC0
4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz

I don't know too much about phones and network frequencies but do all the numbers have to match?  (e.g. for 4G only the 2600MHz is compatible with Roger?)

Thanks.