Rogers Frequencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Frequencies

@orphan0615

Welcome to the Community Forums 🙂

If you know the frequency specifications of the device we can determine if the device is compatible on our network.

You can also take a look here for more information about using unlocked devices.

RogersMay

I'm Here A Lot

I bought a RedMi 2 phone from Hong Kong, used a HK sim card and when retruning to Canada put in the Rogers sim card. It deosn't work. It can detect the sim name and number correctly and then a message appears "international message may incur charges, please activate it with your carrier" etc. After pressing "activate", nothing happens. If it can identify the carrier with the correct sim name and number, why doesn't Rogers allow the phone to access the sim card and the network ?

I had friends using the same phone with Rogers go as you pay, why didn't it work woth a subscribed user ?

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Afternoon @yimtai,

Have you confirmed that RedMi2 is not locked to another provider? If the device is locked you will not be able to use it on the Rogers network.

Regards,

@RogersGabrielle

I'm Here A Lot

am sure it is unlocked. Tried 3 different carriers, one in Hong Kong and 2 in China, all worked. Besides if you read carefully what I described, the device can identify it was a "Rogers" sim card and it display the right number.

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

@yimtai

Devices that are manufactured outside Canada can be used on the 1900MHz frequency on the Rogers network. However , the performance of the device is not guaranteed.

RogersSannecia

I'm Here A Lot

Very disappointed with the answer. I asked one thing, both of you give another response not helpful in solving my problem, it simply IS not working.
Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Afternoon @yimtai,

I can understand your frustration in not being able to use your phone on the Rogers network. Unfortunately, since it is not a device that is supported by Rogers, there is limited troubleshooting we can do. We also cannot guarantee its performance on our network.

With that said, there are some final troubleshooting steps you can try. To confirm that all your settings are set up correctly to function properly on the Rogers network please click here.

You may also want to ensure that your APN settings are set up for optimal use on the Rogers network. Please click here to find out how to configure those. 

Hope this information helps!

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Around

I'm looking at getting a moto e to use on rogers pay as you go. Would it be compatable and can I activate it as pay as you go?

There are 3 options, which would work:

Bands (by model)

Moto E with 4G LTE - US GSM (XT1527):
GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 1700 (AWS), 1900 MHz)
4G LTE (2, 4, 5, 7, 17)

Moto E - US GSM (XT1511):
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 1700 (AWS), 1900 MHz)

Moto E - Global GSM (XT1505):
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@yimtai I will try to help. Based on the specs I see online for that device you should be able to use it with LTE, 3G, and GSM service. I have an imported unlocked phone that works perfectly on the Rogers Network. Rogers is in fact the best network for coverage for these unlocked imported devices. There are quirks though.

Make sure your APN settings are correct choose the LTE APN. Settings -> More... -> Mobile (Cellular) Networks -> Access Point Names choose the top option. Back to previous menu and ensure Preferred Network is set to 4G.

Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like some more help, I have been messing around with these things for a few months and will offer any help I can.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for your kindness. How can I contact you direct ?

I tried everything including choosing Prefer LTE. The device is compatible with LTE CAT4 and works on 3,7,8 band of which Rogers has the 7. It should be compatible. However it kept on saying cannot register. It can detect the SIM card's name and number correctly. However it can't even send  an SMS to activate the network. Redmi told me there is only one version of the phone which means this phone should work.

My friend who has the same phone works but he's using the Rogers Pay As You Go card while mine is a subscribed SIM. Would it have made any difference ?