I'm about to purchase an unlocked AT&T phone with the following frequency band:

• 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
  • 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
  • 4G Network LTE 700 MHz Class 17 / 1700 / 2100

I read that Rogers network band are:

• 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
  • 3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
  • 4G Network LTE 1700 / 2100 / 2600

Will my unlocked AT&T phone have 3G and 4G on Rogers' network?

Thanks

***edited labels***

341 REPLIES 341

Re: Rogers Frequencies

txh191
I've been here awhile

I am looking to purchase the following unlocked phone, Blu Studio Super Camera 5.0 smartphone,GSM Quad Band 4G HSPA+ (850/1700/1900):  can anyone advise me if it will work with the Rogers network?

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @txh191

Find more information about Unlocked Devices on the Rogers network here

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the compatibility of non-rogers devices on our network.

I have tagged our Resident Expert @Meowmix to chime in if you need anymore information.

RogersAsif

@txh191 by the bands you mentioned it will work on the 2G and 3G network.
It will however not give you LTE speed as it doesn't meet that requirement.
Your APN settings should meet standard data so don't do the default lte apn. (if you do, it will just attempt lte first fail and go to 3G but will cause slower response time on every connection).

Hope that answer's your question.

@Meowmix can definitely chime in or add additional info, but I like beating him to the punch 😛

Edit: @txh191 just to confirm, I assume you meant BLU Studio C Super Camera as I couldn't find any Blu Super Camera only

badsfasd
I've been here awhile

So I recently bought an unlocked FDD-LTE phone from China.  Bands supported are:

2G:
GSM:850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G:
WCDMA:850/1900/2100MHz /WCDMA:900/2100MHz(X5 PRO)
4G:
FDD-LTE:800/1800/2100/2600MHz(X5 PRO)

I can get data fine, and while it takes a moment to connect (and I see the 4G change to E) I can make phone calls.  Most of the time, however, I cannot recieve phone calls.  Thoughts?

It is a DOOGEE X5 Pro.  

Hoping I didn't mess up somewhere, and it is just a setting somewhere I can't find.  Android 5.0 is the OS.

Re: Rogers Frequencie​s

Lakshmi
I've been around

Hey, I was planning on ordering a OnePlus Two from GearBest and I noticed the Network Frequencies are, 

Network type: GSM+WCDMA+FDD-LTE
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz

My question is, will LTE work on the OnePlus Two or will I be stuck with 3G?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi Lakshmi,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Our LTE frequencies work ​​on 2100/2600 MHz AWS, we also offer 700Mhz in select locations. So far the specs for the ONEPLUS TWO device you've listed looks compatible. Also for unlocked devices working on the Rogers network, we also use GSM, UMTS, HSPA and HSPA+ at 850 MHz and 1900 MHz, click here for more information.

Keep in mind, we cannot guarantee the functionality of an unlocked device on our network.

Hope this helps
RogersArthur

badsfasd
I've been here awhile

It looks like my device (Doogee X5) has similar specs to Lakshmi's device.  Is there a reason why inbound voice calls do not want to pick up when on 4G?

Hi @badsfasd,

Thank you for your patience.

With your DOOGEE X5 Smartphone not picking up incoming calls when on 4G, is it constant or random? Has it been this way since day one? If not what has changed since the last time it worked? What have you tried so far? A few days ago you mentioned the signal changes from 4G to E, is this also affecting the incoming calls from not coming through?

Let us know thanks,
RogersArthur

badsfasd
I've been here awhile

Hi RogersArthur,

The phone has never really picked up an incoming call, except twice when the coverage went to E.  This is a new phone and has been like this since I opened it.  I did try going in to the cellular settings and defaulting it to 2G, and then I recieve calls, but then the data link is really slow.  

Hi @badsfasd,

Thank you for the information it's really helpful. Smiley Happy

The phone not picking up incoming calls, except when the coverage is set to E, sounds like an issue with the phone, but to determine if the issue is with compatibility or the actual device, I would suggest to troubleshoot using process of elimination. If you've already factory reset the device, try testing the SIM card in another Rogers device to see if you continue to have issues with not receiving incoming calls to your line. Since the DOOGEE X5 smartphone is unlocked you could also pretty much test any carrier SIM card in the phone to re-check the device function and compatibility.

Hope this helps,
RogersArthur

Hmm
I'm an enthusiast

The cost of using data on our devices is rising not dropping so it would be prudent to consider before buying an unlocked phone or a device from another country or carrier, ensure that it is LTE 6 capable and has bands 12 and 17. This helps ensure your device will give you the best speeds for years to come ie. future proof. 

I've been around

Hello,

I am about to purchase a phone from an online. The seller claims the following information:

2.5G (EDGE, GSM/GPRS ) MHz:850, 900, 1800, 1900 
3.5G (HSPA+, UMTS/WCDMA ) MHz:850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 
4G (LTE ) Bands:2, 4, 5, 7, 17 

Will this phone work well with Rogers? I live in North York (North of Toronto), and occasionally travel to Ottawa.

Thank you.

nevynnoir
I've been around

I am currently a Mobilicity customer and I am in the market to buy a new phone.
I called Mobilicity the other day to ask them what frequencies I should be looking for when Im looking for a new phone to buy and the woman who answered, was unhelpful to say the least and told me to go to a Mobilicity kiosk and talking to them there (?) I told her for a second or third time that I was looking to BUY a phone online, and that I needed to know what the phone frequencies need to be. So was then even more unhelpful and told me that they "dont know"

Since I was aware that Mobilcity was offering customers whos phone were no longer going to be compatible after the merger free/discounted phones, I was also aware that they CLEARLY know which phones will work and which wont, hence they also know what frequencies they will be using.

But apparently that's not the case.

I asked to speak to a manager, who I was told was actually listening to the call (Im guessing the merger/retraining of new employees has started, it certainly felt like I was dealing with Rogers and not Mobilicity. Every interaction Ive ever had calling Mobilicity in the past has been great..This was another story.) The manager, essentially echoed, (quite rudely) what the other rep told me, and said that they dont know what frequencies would or wouldnt be working and that they were "still testing things out"

SOOO...My questions are:

Does anyone have any solid info about which frequencies will be supported after the switch over?
Has anyone got an answer from Mobilicity or Rogers directly about this?

And finally

Can anyone suggest a good phone (chinese brands ok) I was looking at Blu phones, Ulefone, Lenovo and some others.
(I have an Amazon.com gift card that I am going to be using to make the purchase)

scoalegil
I plan to stick around

@badsfasd Have you had any luck figuring this out? I have the exact same problem. 

I can place calls, my data works well. I receive texts. I do not receive incoming calls. In fact, while the incoming call is sent directly to voicemail, the 4G network gets dropped and the phone briefly falls back to the EDGE network. For some reason the phone is just not getting from the LTE network to the 3G/2G network properly.

tofu20
I've been here awhile

these are the specs of the phone

GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
WCDMA 850/1900/2100MHz
FDD-LTE 1900/1700/2100/700/850 or 850/1800/2600/2100

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @tofu20

Find more information on using unlocked devices on the Rogers Network here

RogersAsif

Bmassche
I've been here awhile
I just got a doogee x5 pro as well. On my LTE rogers sim when placing called LTE drops to e after like 10 seconds then connects. Very strange. I haven't made an incoming call yet. I'll have to try at work. There was an Oct 10 wireless update though. I'd suggest downloading that from settings. It was 20 mb and includes bug fixes

Good day  @Bmassche,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums! Smiley Wink

It is ideal to try with the incoming calls as well. Please update the Community when you do, as it could help other users.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

RogersMaude

KyleM
I plan to stick around

Moto G Rogers Frequencies?

I know very little about frequencies and bands and whatnot, but I am interested in this phone from the US because you can't buy the upgraded storage/RAM edition in Canada. The motorolla website lists:

Moto G - GSM (XT1540)
LTE (2, 4, 5, 7, 17)
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 1700/AWS, 1900, 2100 MHz)
GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

Not sure what that means exactly, so wondering if anyone can tell me if I would be able to use the phone and receive 4G/LTE service. 
Thanks!

Hello, @KyleM

Your device seems to be compatible with the Rogers network, which uses GSM, UMTS, HSPA and HSPA+ at 850 MHz and 1900 MHz, or LTE technology at 2100/2600 MHz AWS. Please follow the link to know more details about using your unlocked device on our network.

Hope this helpful.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Bmassche
I've been here awhile
Sim 1 with Rogers LTE does not receive calls they go straight to voicemail. There is no 3g so when on edge the phone does receive calls. Very strange