Rogers Frequencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Frequencies

HI Maude,

Thank you very much, it is indeed frustrating to have a new phone and not being able to use it!

I've Been Here Awhile

Re : Rogers Frequencies

I want to purchase N Unlocked Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 16GB Black Mist Clean ESN. I am in london ont canada and I have a rogers plan. I have an lg7 right now. Will this new phone be usable with my SIM card or can I get a new one?

***Edited Labels***

Re : Rogers Frequencies

Good afternoon @Shopper37 ,

Welcome to the Forums and Thank you for your post! 

We understand the convenience of purchasing unlocked devices.

However, we cannot guarantee the compatibility of your non-Rogers device on our network. I also need to make you aware that you might not get access to our LTE network, for example.

From the information I gathered, the frequencies used by the device you indicated above (Samsung Galaxy S4 from Verizon) are : GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz

Based on the information previously provided on this thread, the current spectrum for wireless is 850 MHz and we have the 1900 MHz spectrum as well. The unlocked device you want to use, with your Rogers line, should be functional on our network, but might be subject to some limitations. 

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Re : Rogers Frequencies

Thanks for the help. Darlene
Highlighted
I've Been Around

lose my phone going to buy a cheap one oversea
 just wonder if i can use both 3g and 4g lte on rogers network
please help thanks !! 

Phone Network Support:

• 2G/2.5G - GSM/GPRS/EDGE
  • 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • 3G UMTS
  • 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
  • 3G TD-SCDMA
  • 1900/2000 MHz
  • 4G LTE
  • FDD:Bands 1、3、5、7、8、28
  • TDD:Bands 38、39、40、41

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @Dvdlin 

Oh no, Sorry to hear about your phoneSmiley Sad

850 MHz & 1900 MHz spectrum is what we use for 3G. We also use 2,600/1,700MHz for LTE and have started rolling out 700MHz in select locationsSmiley Happy

Your information doesn't state the LTE frequencies, but 3G should work.

Keep in mind, we cannot guarantee the functionality of an unlocked device.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Frequencie​s

A phone with LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700)  NA

other,

LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300) 41(2500) Global

Question, will both phone work with Roger's LTE network?  Which one is best?

I spent most of my time in Canada.  I travel to Portugal and other European cities and to Panama in Central America. 

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @Johnpi21,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Our LTE is on 2100/2600 MHz AWS, We also offer 700Mhz in select locations. So far the specs for either one of the devices you've listed looks compatible. As far as unlocked devices working on our network, we also use GSM, UMTS, HSPA and HSPA+ at 850 MHz and 1900 MHz, click here for more information.

Keep in mind, we cannot guarantee the functionality of an unlocked device on our network.

Hope this helps
RogersArthur

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you. You mention 700 frequency, is that very common, if so then the NA specs look better, no? I looked up Vodafone Portugal and it says LTE 800/1800/2600 and Claro in Panama says HSPA +, which makes the Global model a better phone? Any further thoughts? Most importantly I want it to here with my Rogers account.
One further question, when Roger,s mention frequencies say 700/1700/2100 do you need all 3 frequencies or just one.for LTE to Work? I gather the band number also has to match, what are the band number for Rogers? Thanks for your time....John.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@Johnpi21

The 700Mhz spectrum is quite new in regards to Cellular Communications. It was previously used as a television spectrum, but is now being used for cellular communications. It has the ability to penetrate through thick objects which will allow us to provide even better coverage/connection for our customers.

You wouldn't need all 3 but its recommended, as the frequencies can vary depending on location(the more the device supports, the better). Unfortunately the band numbers are not something we can go by, but if the device can run on the frequencies you shouldn't have issues.

In regards to which one is better, it will all depend on personal preference and the frequencies being used in the places you travel too.

RogersAsif