Rogers Extended Coverage Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Rogers Extended Coverage Issue

Getting pretty frustrated. I have lived at the same location since last august. Have never had a problem with connectivity and accesssing the rogers network previously.  Was even getting LTE. Then about a month ago, I got a text message stating I was now signed up for extended coverage in my area. Since then despite the fact its never been an issue previously, my network connection goes from the regular to the extended network and back, I understand that the extended network does not have an additional charge but as of today, now I cannot even access the regular network on both of my phones, only the extended.

I would not have upgraded my data allotment if I had known I would not be getting the speeds I had been previously.  The network coverage map still says LTE is available in my area, but I have not been able to access it since this am. I have submitted a ticket regarding this, but it would be nice to not have to wait 24 hours for an explanation considering the 200 dollars a month I pay to have a steady service, that has essentially replaced my home phone and in most cases home internet.  

Very close to going peace out and heading over to Telus. 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Extended Coverage Issue

Welcome to the forums @krystallockert 

Sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing since Extended Coverage was introduced. As I see, you have already reported your issue and currently have a ticket in progress indicating our Engineers are aware of the issue. They will work to the best of their potential to resolve this matter. Our @CommunityHelps  team can reach out to you via PM and keep you updated on the progress if required. Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

Any idea when the new cell tower will go up in Beeton?????  Approval was granted early 2016 and final steps were in place in May to go up at the Cemetery.

Cell signal is very poor in Beeton with Rogers and Wifi calling is not working with my Samsung S7.  IT support (level 2) is "working" on it for me, but have not heard anything from them in 3 days.  E-mails to the IT group go unanswered (their primary communication way).

I cannot pick up extended coverage as my "Rogers" signal jumps in & out therefore the extended coverage will not work.  

I am considering a Cell Signal Booster for my home, but why should I have tp pay $400+ to get a Rogers signal?  Bell & Telus are looking better each day that passes

Hello @Sean7687,

If Tier 2 is already looking into this for you, you'll have to wait until you hear back from them.

This is not easy information to obtain and I don't want to duplicate work that has already been done by Tier 2.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Please bear with us while Tier 2 works on this for you.

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi RogersCorey,

Tier2 is looking at my Wifi issues.  They are not looking into the cell tower placement that my e-mail was asking about.

Any idea on when the tower will go up, since approvals are in place and communication to the public has already went out (May 2016)

Ah, understood.

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to find this out for you.

In my experience, the planning stage can take quite awhile and it typically takes 1-2 years for the entire project to be completed once approval is granted.

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

I have been fighting this for 2 years. A year ago I was told tower was supposed to be up early spring 2016. Obviously that didnt pan out. It is impossible to get a strait answer from anyone at Roger's. I'm not sure how they plan on keeping existing customers moving into this area if they can't give us strait answers. My wifi calling does work on my S7 but it isn't 100%. Bell and Telus will be getting my business very soon. Rogers can't make you stick to a contract if they can not provide you with service.

Gord

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Gord

Agreed Rogers sucks at customer service. 

It finally took me calling them to cancel my service after a week of them "reprogramming" something on the back end. Something that should never should have needed to be done. After I said cancel everything of Rogers, wouldn't you know it my WiFi calling was up and running within 5 mins. Wow. They needed over a week and 1 call to threaten to cancel everything and it was fixed in 5 mins.

Since I have WiFi calling working, I must say it does work well for me. No issues as of yet.

This is the last chance. If I experience issues I will leave in a heartbeat.

I've Been Around

Rogers extended coverage

I have been using this service from time to time. But since I called in a few weeks ago. I no longer works
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers extended coverage

@Scooter2017 wrote:
I have been using this service from time to time. But since I called in a few weeks ago. I no longer works

What did you call in for? Did you make changes to your plan? only certain plans are eligible for the service. Also you can't be using EXT constantly, a certain amount of time has to be using Rogers native Towers.