Rogers-EXT issues... have I stumped tech support?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Rogers-EXT issues... have I stumped tech support?

Firstly I would like to say that Rogers in both coverage and support has been very good to me for the last 7 years I've been with them. It is this service I wish to continue for years to come pending I can get my issue solved.

Since Rogers has launched the extended network, I was extremely stoked for having coverage in area I didn't before! Being a tradesperson, I have often run into areas for extended periods where I would not have coverage because I was on Rogers. The announcement of the extended network was great news since I would be able to keep with Rogers and their awesome network but also have access to those areas were Rogers isn't locally available.

In March I took a little drive to see how the network worked out (about 1 hour away from home) and it connected and worked beautifully, couldn't complain or ask for more! I had coverage where before I never did!

Then again in late May/June I was in the Rockies driving to Calgary and that too was awesome, I too had coverage there for the first time and worked flawless!

After that I was in my call area for a few months... then all of a sudden my phone(s) would not connect at all to the Extended network

I first noticed it along highway 5 in BC between Merritt and Hope, there is a very small extended zone in this region, so it really wasn't a problem at the time. However when I then again went into the Rockies towards Calgary, there too I could not connect.

I was able to find a payphone (those things are hard to find these days) and phone tech support, they were very good, however we were not able to get it connected.

We tried multiple things, I have two phone I switch between often, so we tried each phone (my lumia 920 from Rogers, and my unlocked Lumia 1020 from Microsoft) neither of which would connect, we tried manually selecting the Rogers-EXT network on both phones and also selecting them while forcing lower speeds/networks (LTE, 3G, etc). That didn't work either.

At the end of the call we still weren't able to connect, so I was directed to get a new sim card, thinking that could be the problem... I've got the new sim card, and that still does not work, and still unable to connect.

I was also told that a support ticket was to be created about my issue. But it has been two weeks and I have yet to hear anything back about that ticket.

So given that I was able to connect to the extended network a couple months ago and now I am not, it is becoming increasing frustrating to the point where I  have to consider looking at other carriers for service. I wish to continue my loyalty unfortunately to Rogers, but if I cannot get my phone connect to the extended network, I will have to look .
elsewhere
Hopefully there is someone within Rogers/tech support that know what the issue is and can help me correct it.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers-EXT issues... have I stumped tech support?

Hi @b-ry

That’s frustrating to deal with, after you’ve been enjoying the extended coverage.

I’d like to help your issue with the extended coverage. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersPrasana

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Hey @b-ry

Extended Coverage FAQs
Gives some information on the EXT coverage as well.

If you have any of the My5 or My10 plan, it provided you the EXT feature as a "Demo" to see if you would like the service, you'll have to change in-market plans for to get the EXT feature (As it compatible with the newer plans).

Which states on that link as well.
As far as I read up details on EXT-Coverage, after may 25th it would have not worked for those older plans. I could be wrong... but, feel that may be your issue - since it wouldn't be a technical issue.

Hopefully @RogersPrasana has assisted you already with this... but wanted to pitch in clarification.

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

I have to go with @ShakTiburon on this one. There was a demo in place for everyone and then when officially launched it was only for anyone on an in-market price plan. That is most likely the problem. I cannot figure out any other reason why it wouldn't work. Hopefully you get it resolved.

I'm a Regular

Thanks all for your help, yes I knew about the demo, however when I inquired about the extended coverage back in March, I was told by customer service my plan would work on Extended past the demo. In addition, when I phoned tech support to try to solve the problem I ask, is there any issues with my account/plan the answer was no, and that my account/plan was all good.

@RogersPrasana sorry for the late reply, but i will be replying to your request in my inbox.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

@b-ry - tell us what the resolution was, Curious to know if the plan was the obstacle for the Rogers-EXT

Cheers