Rogers-EXT addon Recommendation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Rogers-EXT addon Recommendation

I would like to recommend a simple $5-10/month addon that would allow me/users to use my plan 'as-is' the Extended Roaming coverage without the usage restrictions. When Rogers has network coverage, it is by far the best! I would prefer to pay a little extra a month and keep my plan, then to switch to another carrier.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Rogers-EXT addon Recommendation

Hello @b-ry ,

When you are benefiting from the Extended Coverage you actually get to use your current plan at no additional costs.

What is it that you mean by "Usage Restrictions" ?

Do you mean that you are limited because most of your usage has to be made on the Rogers network?

I want to make sure I understand your inquiry properly.

Please provide us with more information and details as it will help us further assist you.

In regards to Roaming in the United States, for example, we do offer such service at $5 per day. ROAM LIKE HOME offers our customers to convert their current plan for airtime/data that can be used on an American carrier.

If you wish to submit this recommendation for review, don't forget that you can post it to the Rogers Idea Box!

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm a Regular

Yes, referring to the "majority of usage must be on Rogers Network..."

There are times now where I will be exclusively on Rogers-EXT more then Rogers.

Good evening @b-ry ,

Sorry for the late reply.

At this time, there is some restrictions in place. Extended Coverage is meant to be used occasionally. Hence why the majority of your monthly usage must occur on the Rogers network.

Unfortunately, if the majority of your monthly usage occurs within Extended Coverage areas, we may restrict or limit your access to Extended Coverage on an ongoing basis.

We did take notes of your feedback.

Regards,

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

So for customers like me, who live in semi isolated areas miles away from the closest tower, who are always sitting at two or less bars and running on 3G anyway, we would have to pay extra instead of having this as a reward for remaining loyal customers?
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @jms1963,

There is no fee or charge to use the Extended Network. This thread topic was simply a suggestion made by the original poster.

RogersDarrell

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not sure if there is a better place or not for this (rather than its own thread)

Quick question, maybe fore @RogersDarrell or @RogersMaude,

In the next week or two, will be transfering ownership of my PERSONAL cell phone, over to my work... so will change over to a corporate plan, etc.

Do corporate plans, etc.. still have access to the EXT coverage?

Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

@Gdkitty

Great Question,

Right now the extended network is not compatible with Wireless Business accounts, However I would not be able to speak directly to your company's wireless plans or agreement with us. Please have your company representative reach out to their Rogers agent.

RogersAliciaG

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok. Was just curious.

Not that i have ever ran into a spot where i NEEDED the EXT coverage yet.. 🙂

My wifes phone, which will be staying on rogers, worse case will have us covered.

I've Been Around

Last month for the first time since I moved to my new apt I was blocked from rogers EXT. Where I live I get pretty much no single on rogers I even got a cell phone booster. I show fulls bars but still have dropped calls so my phone goes to rogers EXT. My wife is upset and that we should just cancel our cells but would cost to much to get out of our contract. So my question is if my wife and I are screwed until next year until we can cancel at no charge? or is there a way we can use rogers EXT at home and not be punished for using it to much? then getting blocked from it for a month.