Rogers Coverage Map

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Coverage Map

Anyone have ridiculously slow data connections? And experience 3 out of 5 calls being dropped? i live in st Thomas Ontario. The best download speed i can ever get in st Thomas would be 350 kb per second. Everywhere else i have been in Ontario on the same 4g network i can get 3000-4500 kb per second. On lte in London i can get 30000-50000 kb per second. I have tried many devices... An iphone 3g, iphone 3gs, iphone 4, Samsung s3, Samsung note. I have also tried new simply cards... Anybody else having problems like this? To give you an idea of what i mean by slow speeds... It took almost 5 min to load this forum so that i could complain about the speed...
I have had this problem for over 2 years... Talked to rogers many times... Have almost 10 ticket numbers for things being done on the system over that time... And have received lot of credits for The problems... Im tired of getting.g credits... I just want my 1500 dollars. Worth of smart phones to work... Any ideas on what i can do? Anyone ever get a cellular repeater from rogers to fix the problem? Or buy a repeater on their own that works with rogers? Please let me know via PM

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm getting real annoyed with going into a store and completely losing reception while my friends on other networks all have full bars. Going into a store in Bayers Lake is a joke. If I go into Superstore I can't even check a recipe online to make sure I got the right ingredients. I can't go into the back of my apartment without losing reception. I have no reception in my work building that is right on Bayers Rd. 

I am always losing connection so easily or barely have bars. 

Just seeing if something can be done down the road. Telus and Bell have no issues with their coverage...... 

Retired Moderator RogersEricB
Retired Moderator

Hello frayne182,

You can find our coverage map here: http://rogers.com/coverage

Also, you might want to keep this in mind: Reception may be affected by various factors, including system availability and capacity, customer's equipment, signal strength, topography and environmental conditions.

Thank you,

RogersEric

I've Been Around

Why does rogers has such coverage. I live in saskatchewan and anything outside the main cities gets nothing. I was literally about 1 km from Battleford and i had nothing? Are they going to do anything to upgrade it or is it time to switch, but the cancellation fee is so high...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tarankotelnikof

Yea its been said that for anyone up there they get bad signal. I wonder why Rogers has not built more towers :/. Hopefully they start upgrading & getting more towers out there!.

As for the cancellation fee;s, every carriers has them.

I'm a Regular

Hi there,

My wife and I live in Vaughan (close to Hwy 400 & Teston Rd - subdivision just south-west of that intersection) and the Rogers wireless coverage is pretty bad.  Her phone (along with other Rogers devices) have poor 3G HSPA coverage and performance.  She's frequently dropping to EDGE.  Forget LTE...despite the area being "covered", LTE is barely there.  There really shouldn't be any areas in the GTA where devices fall back to 2G EDGE in my opinion.  I thought that Rogers would've fixed this by now, but they clearly haven't.

We also recently took a trip to a small town just south of Windsor (Amherstburg/Anderdon) and barely had any 3G HSPA signal...again, Rogers phones were on EDGE most of the time, and that too barely worked.

What's interesting is that those of us on competitors' networks have full LTE and full HSPA in both areas I've mentioned above.  In fact, I've observed this pattern in many other areas, not just the two mentioned above.  In most places, the competitors' networks have very solid/strong HSPA signal...almost everywhere including remote locations like the small town I've mentioned above.  It's almost as if the Rogers HSPA cell sites are "smaller" and just flat out "lacking" in many areas.

Does/will Rogers proactively fill in these coverage holes?  I know for a fact that your competitors do.  Their intentions seem to be on blanketing entire areas (even remote locations) whereas Rogers seems to only provide adequate coverage where "their" customers are located.  Does Rogers not realize that a wireless network should be vast and robust?  I'm seriously considering changing my wife's provider...we're getting pretty tired of seeing the signal on her Rogers phone fluctuate so wildly or seeing EDGE in a lot of places, including within the GTA.

I Plan to Stick Around

Is there good coverage in Sudbury?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hockey821

Have you searched Google at question to see if anything comes up? When i went to Sudbury in the summer, i got decent signal & coverage.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok. As I have to go up in 2 weeks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hockey821

Oh okay. Well give a search on Google and see if anything comes up. Hopefully someone posts that lives there and has Rogers wireless