Rogers Coverage Map

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers Coverage Map

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could explain why it is that the Rogers Coverage Map displays almost nil coverage in the Ontario region.  I was under the impression that Ontario was one of Rogers's biggest consumer bases.

Cheers, Brett

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Rogers Coverage Map

Southern Ontario has excellent coverage in most areas, however northern Ontario does not have much reception.

Where abouts are you referring to and which map are you looking at?

I would suggest using our official network map found here. You can zoom in on the map or input your postal code for coverage details.

I'm Here A Lot

Hey James,

The same coverage map that you just linked me too 🙂  I just ran and rechecked it, there is a link to a picture below to a screenshot of what I'm seeing.

Coverage Map: http://i56.tinypic.com/2d6skxw.jpg

Cheers, Brett

I'm Here A Lot

The only thing I can think of is that the population must be very desolate in those areas. I live in Timmins, Ont. and the coverage is great. Anything above or besides Timmins, there is no service. The map looks acurate when I look at it that way.

So it must be true that Rogers covers 95% of the nation or whatever it says at the top of the map, because those 5% of the remaing population live in the white areas indicated on the map.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks James 🙂

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hey Brett,

Yes that is accurate. Like the other poster advised, most of northern Ontario is low in population and thus doesn't have much coverage. We have very good coverage in high populated areas, which is what you see in the gray areas. 

I've Been Around

Are there any plans to include coverage for Kitchener, BC??

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have rogers coverage and live in timmins also.

the coverage leaves a lot to be desired.

I an umable to get cell reception in  WALMART? how can you not get service in a store. I was there the other day and had no service message and yet my friend (who has KOODO ) received a call while we were shopping. what is up with that??

I keep hoping that rogers will fix this but I am thinking it is not going to happen(hasnt happened yet) looking forward to my contract running out so that I may be able to get reception in town and on the highway.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I for one, do not work or represent Rogers, but I can guarentee you if more people move to the boonies, the coverage will improve over time, as they like to build antennas where there is enough people to use the system. Even if the towns itself have low population, if more people "drive" through them on the highways and such, then that is where they wanna build towers. every company does it at different times, kodoo may do it first, but roger's will definitely follow up and be next. no one knows for sure who and when.

I've Been Around

What boonies? I live less than 45 minutes from Toronto and we get no service! The Rogers map LIES. I can't use my Rocket stick at home and only use my phone if I stand in just the right spot.

Instead of messing around with loyalty programs, Rogers should try CUSTOMER SERVICE improvements and tower upgrades.