Roam Like Home Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Roam Like Home Issues

I sent a PM but have not received a message back.  This is so annoying.  It keeps dropping out and losing a cellular connection.  I need a solution ASAP.  We are travelling throughout Portugal and need a 3G/LTE connection.  Can someone from Rogers help me at all????

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @stanhum16,

I can understand your concern. It's definitely important to be connected while abroad. Unfortunately, I checked our inbox and at the time of this post, we didn't receive a PM from you. We did however receive the PM you sent shortly after and replied. Please check your inbox.

Regards

RogersCilio

I Plan to Stick Around

"I had asked Rogers in the past before I went out of town and they said the local people should pay local calling rates. "

This is NEVER the case unless those local people are in your same local calling area at home.  This applies in Canada and abroad.  

When roaming, you can call OUT to any phone in Canada or in the country you're in....so the solution is for the person to call those in India and not receive calls from India.

Always use what's called E.164 format dialling:  + country code + area code +local number.  Drop the leading zero in most cases.

I Plan to Stick Around

The number thing (showing an unrelated local number as the caller) even happens in certain towers in the USA when roaming. I know of at least two towers that do this on a consistent basis.

Unfortunately, with tech support, you get the run around.   The carrier in the USA says it is a home carrier, and the carrier in Canada says it is the US carrier.  And it never gets fixed.  Ever.

I've Been Around

Hi, I'm a user of Roam Like Home. I've used it before in other countries without any problems. However, in India, I am able to accept calls but I can't make any calls. This is really difficult as I need my phone to make calls to work, etc, and I've already missed some important things so the matter is pretty urgent. Please let me know how to fix this because I've not had any other problems with roam like home in other countries, just India. I know it's not my phone that's the problem because I inserted a local sim and was able to place local calls. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Try Switching to manual network selection and see if that helps.