cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting a specific phone number

rickeoni
I've been around

I was wondering if it is possible to request a specific phone number. It is our old home number from years ago and is not currently in use.

***Added Labels***

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Requesting a specific phone number

RogersMaude

Good evening @rickeoni,

Thank you for your post!

Sometimes, people lose their old phone number and want to get it back. Whether you changed to a different service provider, your service was disconnected, or you asked for a different number but later changed your mind, getting back your old phone number can be difficult.

To better assist you, we'll need more information from you:

• Are you trying to get it back on a home phone line or you wanted to have it ported on to your cellphone?
  • Was it a number you previously had with Rogers or with another company?

Occasionally, phone numbers can or can't be ported to another service provider, and phone companies do not legally have to release the numbers to other providers under certain circumstances. 

Whether you're looking to port it in or activate it as a new phone number, we can definitely try and accommodate you by searching for a similar one or something that would end in the same last 4 digits, for example.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

veroaubin
I've been here awhile
Had an account that was canceled and would like to reclaim the number associated. It hasn't been reassigned to anyone. I'd like to make a new account as the original one is canceled but use my original phone number. Is this possible?

Hi @veroaubin,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post! We know how precious a phone number can be and we understand wanting it back.

How long has it been since the account was cancelled?

If the line has been canceled in the past 60 days, the number can be reactivated on the account. However, if it has been canceled for a longer time, we may not be able to assign you the same phone number.

Are you able to confirm the reason why the line was cancelled?

Looking forward to your reply.

RogersRob

veroaubin
I've been here awhile
The account was canceled due to NP, in Jan '19. The amount owing was resolved since then and the cell number associated to the canceled account is still not assigned to a new account.

Thank you for your reply @veroaubin!

We truly wish we can help you recover your previous number as soon as possible. However, there may be some limitations in making this happen. Keep in mind that we are unaware if the number has been assigned to another Rogers customer in the meantime.

One way to do it would be to activate a new line and see if we can assign you the phone number in question. Are you looking at opening a new account with Rogers? Since the last one was closed for non-payment, a security deposit may be required.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

Hi I canceled the number because I wanted someone to stop calling me. Doing it out of frustration I totally forgot that my old number was connected to all bussiness accounts and important social media accounts. And now I have no access to them until I get access of my old number. Please help

Hello, @Nlake0027

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We appreciate you posting your concern regarding recovering your phone number. I can imagine how much of an inconvenience this has become. 😞

As per post 6 of this thread, there could be some limitations in our ability to recover your phone number if it has been assigned to another customer already, for instance. We will do our best to try to recover the number for you. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

amylynne23
I've been around

Is it possible to request a specific number if it is not currently assigned or has not been assigned in the past?  I would like a specific number for my business if possible.

Good day @Nlake0027,

Thanks for reaching out & welcome to the Community! We're happy to answer your question regarding a change or phone number.

To make sure I understand correctly, there are a few things I'd like to confirm with you. I hope you don't mind!

Are you looking at opening a new account with Rogers or do you already have an active line for which you would be looking to change the phone number on? If it's for a phone number change in the same area code, please note that a fee would apply.

Did you make sure the number you had in mind was not assigned and that it belongs to Rogers? If it is owned by another company, we won't be able to assign it to your line even if it's currently not in service.

RogersMaude

RogersMaude

sine000
I've been around
Hello Rogers!!

I accidentally changed my main line number - I meant to change my tablet number instead.

Is there a way to change it back? I do not mind getting charged for it. I have significant memories attached to my number as it was close to what my Mom had (she has since passed). Would you be able to offer me suggestions??

Thanks! 😞

Greetings @sine000!

I've responded to you in private and we're waiting to hear back from you. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

ChrisC661
I've been around

I have Rogers mobile accounts for wife and myself. Our numbers are for TO (416).  We’ve moved to Ottawa so want 613 numbers now.  We have a specific set of numbers we would like if possible. How do we go about a) checking their possible availability and b) assigning them to our mobile phone accounts as replacements for current? The myrogers site only allows for browsing of available numbers, not searching. 

Hello @ChrisC661!

Thank you for joining us in the forums and congrats on your first post!

We can certainly check to see if a certain number combination is available for a wireless telephone number change for both you and your wife. Feel free to reach out to our customer service team using any of our available avenues of support found here, or you may send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to assist you further. 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Honeysingh1
I've been around
Hi,
I ported my number from Freedom mobiles to Rogers back in year 2020. Then i moved from Vancouver to Brampton in January 2022 and changed my number. But i forgot to change my number on my gmail account and now i lost access to my accounts like gmail, Insta, Facebook etc. I called my old number and it was not assigned to anyone. Can i able to get back that number on a new line in my account as i need my current number too.
Thanks

Hello, @Honeysingh1.

Thank you for joining this conversation, and welcome to our Community!

Losing access to so many apps can be disruptive. We may not have access to ported numbers from other carriers. You can log into your MyRogers and follow the prompts to add the line and see if that number is available.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

I previously had an account with Rogers which I had canceled. It has been over a year since cancelation. I would like to get my old phone number back. It hasn't been reassigned to anyone. I'd like to make a new account to do this and see whether the number can be assigned to me. Is this possible? I have my old invoices showing the number was associated with my previous account.

My old number was connected (2FA) to a few of my external accounts and I have tried working with these service providers however they cannot verify me without my old phone number and I have reached a dead-end here.

I appreciate your assistance.

Thank you!

Good day, @jackolantern !

Thanks for posting your question in the Rogers Community! I hope you've been keeping well! 🙂

Did you know that you can change your wireless number anytime through our website? It’s convenient, easy to do, and best of all, it’s free! To get started, simply login to your MyRogers profile online and go to the Overview tab. Find your wireless number and select 'Manage'. Now you can select 'Change my wireless number' under the My Wireless Plan section, to proceed.

However, if it's a specific telephone number you are hoping to receive, then this telephone number change would need to be completed by a customer care agent and there is a one-time fee of $50 charged to do so. If the number is a Rogers number and is still retrievable, then we can certainly get this done for you. 

For assistance with the latter option, you may reach out to us via any of our available avenues of support, or you can send us a PM @CommunityForums.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I don't have an existing Rogers account anymore. I would like to set up a new account and this would be depending on whether the phone number I am looking for is available (my old phone number). How would I go about doing this? also, how can I send a PM as you described?

Thank you

@jackolantern wrote: ...how can I send a PM as you described?

How to send a PM is included as a link in numerous previous posts in this thread, however, here it is again in a different format.

When logged into the forum, click on @CommunityHelps  .  On the page that comes up, you'll see a link on the top right of the screen to "send a message".  If you're using a tablet or phone, you may need to switch your browser to the desktop version. How to do that will depend on the device but a web search should find it.  There may be some back and forth required while Rogers get your personal information to look into your account.  Personal information is not allowed in this forum.  

@jackolantern, please click here to learn more about our private messaging system. 

RogersZia

Topic Stats