ROGERS APN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: ROGERS APN

Using an international varian of the Note 8 (SM-N950FD)

Hi,

So I got the above phone as I really wanted a dual sim phone, but I also am a sucker for Samsung. Anyway, it works and all, but I only get HSPA+ grade speeds where I should have LTE. I input the LTE APN, my Canadian S7 gets great speeds with the same sim card, but the Note 8 just tops out at 10 Mbps (and the logo is H+ as well, but I know that can be misleading).

There are a few LTE bands that are different in the 950F vs. 950W, but would those really kill LTE all together? I seem to have read that this very phone gets LTE speeds on Bell, so I'm thinking maybe I'm doing something wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks

UPDATE: Well, another case of Read the Manual! Changing the APN protocol to IPV4/IPV6 had it working!

I've Been Around

This is what worked for me - use these settings (enter them exactly):

Name: Rogers LTE 

APN: ltemobile.apn

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC :http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: mmsproxy.rogers.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720

Authentication type: None
APN Type: default,mms,supl,hipri  <-- no spaced between commas!

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

Mobile virtual network operator type: None

Mobile virtual network operator value: Not set

And for mobile data teathering, create another APN with the following settings:

Name: LTE Tethering

APN: ltedata.apn

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC : Not set
MMS Proxy: Not set
MMS Port: Not set
MCC: 302
MNC: 720

Authentication type: None
APN Type: dun

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

Mobile virtual network operator type: None

Mobile virtual network operator value: Not set

Hope this helps someone out there!

I've Been Around

Problems with watch phone connection

I bought a child's watch phone and am having trouble getting it to work. The manufacturer is asking me to provide apn and mccmnc information. What is this and where could I find it as it pertains to my account?
Thanks
David

Good morning @DChoules,

Welcome to our Community!

You should be able to find the settings you need in this thread 🙂 If you need help with setting up the device, you could try posting more info on it and our intrepid Community members would be better able to help!

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

I have a Netgear MBR1210 router with an HSPA+ modem that has been unlocked.  The router accepts my Rogers LTE SIM but the configuration is non-Rogers.  The modem configuration accepts the APN without issue but is also looking fir PDP type [options are IP. PDP-IP, PPP or PDP-PPP] and Access Number [default *99#].  The suggestion is that for Rogers the APN should be ltemobile.apn with username and password blank.  Unfortunately, these values don't connect.  For what I can gather, these devices were made to Bell Canada specs and my Rogers SIM will roam onto the Bell network. Indications are that the device supports the needed frequencies for use on the Rogers network.  The model above this is the MBR1516 which has the same configuration but has additional frequency support for LTE. 

What settings are needed to get this modem to connect to the Rogers network?

Thanking you in advance.

Hello @Wanderlust099!

You can find our LTE APN settings here: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/rogers-lte-apn-settings and our Core APN settings here: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/rogers-core-apn-settings.

If these settings do not work, you may need to reach out to the manufacturer of this device for further assistance. We can only offer direct help for official Rogers devices. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm a Senior Advisor

One important minor adjustment that may avoid MMS issues if you have WIFI calling set as WIFI ;priority, or in somecases, just being connected to WIFI at same time as trying to get to WIFI.

In another thread on MMS and WIFI on issues (MMS won't come through or go out when WIFI on)

Solution that some have found is to change APN roaming protocol: IPv4

to be IPv4/IPv6.

It appears that when the system is using WIFI instead of data that when it can't push the MMS through WIFI which Rogers does not support - a few in the US do, but not many - it goes roaming for a way to send and it appears that the IPv6 is now a requirement as it is becoming pretty standard.

It has solved the problem and I found it has solved my wife and my MMS issues.

Note that a default provisioning of this information is pushed to your SIM card on activation, and you will have a default Rogers APN settings - this cannot be edited as it is in use.

Create a new one, named something else, I just called it New Rogers IPv6

Save it and choose to it.  Note that some have had the old provisioning pushed back out and had to reset it, but a recent catch by one person was that if Rogers support second level pushed out a new provisioning, it seems to get the correct provisioning in place.

I have not heard anything official posted on this issue from Rogers at this time.  It is actually a known issue since 2013 first identified by t-mobile users and they first identified the solution.  Our past Rogers Dave also discussed it, but it seems to have not made it to profile availability in support docs online, or with the support teams.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

last Windows phone on the Rogers network?

somebody out there still running a Windows 10 phone on the Rogers network?  or am I the last?

got data going, but cant get mms going.  As us Windows phone users know, the fields to enter for the mms APN are a little different in Windows phone.   Yes, I read that site with all the MMS APN settings for Windows Phone and Rogers.

If I am not the last Windows phone user on the Rogers network AND you have mms working, could I trouble you to take a look at your mms apn settings?  THANKS!

Windows Phone MMS APN fields:

profile name:    rogers
APN:     ltemobile.apn or media.com
username:    <blank>  or media
password:    <blank>  or mda01
Type of sign in: (none/pap/chap/auto) tried em all
IP type:(ipv4 ipv6 ipv4v6 ipv4v6XLAT) tried em all
proxy server:    10.128.1.69
proxy port:    80
mmsc (URL)    http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
mmsc port    80
maximum mms size (KB)   tried 1024 and 2048

I've Been Here Awhile

The SIM automagically can send mms when dropped into an old Lumia 1020.

The problem is on an Alcatel Idol 4 PROs. Which apparently requires a manually modified mms apn.

and the solution is..... Set the mms proxy to MMS Proxy: mmsproxy.rogers.com  NOT the ip address above. 

Tah dah!  I'm so happy and I am the last Windows phone user on the Rogers network.

I Plan to Stick Around

No LTE/4G with unlocked Huawei P20 Lite

Hi, 

I am not getting LTE on my Huawei P20 Lite I go from Amazon.

The P10 Lite I got last year works fine.

The P20 has the exact same LTE bands.

Tried the automatic APN settings which are the same as the P10 and some variation posted here but no luck.

The only difference is the Android version.

Any known problems with that device and Rogers?