ROGERS APN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: ROGERS APN

Thank you for linking me this, however I still cannot get LTE working. With the linked settings I get 3G, MMS, and internet, but not LTE.Screenshot_20170515-163321.jpg

Hello @sharpel531w,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

We definitely want to make sure you’re able to get the full functionality of your S7 Edge with both LTE and MMS services working properly while connected to the Rogers Network.

As indicated in post 132 of 141 of this thread, here are the correct APN settings you will have to enter in order to be able to connect to the LTE network and to send picture and video messages:

APN: ltemobile.apn

Username: Not required

Password: Not required

Please use input:

Server: 172.25.0.107

MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69

MMS Port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 72 (If that doesn't work try 720, its already filled in, leave it at what it is)

APN Type: Internet + MMS

Don’t hesitate to let us know if this resolved your issue, or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I need to understand APNs a little better. Just bought an unlocked BLU R1 HD LTE;  using ltemobile.apn at the moment and can make calls and SMS texts.  Do I need any other APNs besides this one? Where does rogers-core-appl1.apn fit in the picture?  Also, i do not have a data plan yet.  When i do, will ltemobile.apn work for it as well?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RTiman wrote:

I need to understand APNs a little better. Just bought an unlocked BLU R1 HD LTE;  using ltemobile.apn at the moment and can make calls and SMS texts.  Do I need any other APNs besides this one? Where does rogers-core-appl1.apn fit in the picture?  Also, i do not have a data plan yet.  When i do, will ltemobile.apn work for it as well?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

@RTiman

if everything is working I would leave it alone, when you add data if it doesn't work then use ltemobile.apn 

I've Been Around

Problem with an unlocked Galaxy S6 Sprint phone

Hi there,

I recently bought a Galaxy S6 unlocked on amazon and it's a sprint phone. I've managed to get LTE/texting on it, but when I try making calls, it says 'NO SIM or SIM ERROR'. But texting people seems to be fine.

The current network modes are:
CDMA,
LTE/CDMA
GSM/UMTS

Automatic

I tried using the other network modes, and initially, being on GSM/UMTS gave me 3G and the ability to make calls and texts, and now it doesn't. On CDMA nothing works. The automatic setting doesn't seem to do anything. Not sure what to do from here.

Model: SM-G920P

Android Version: 7.0

***EDITED LABELS***

Hello @CJCastres,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Having a phone that doesn’t make calls is really not very useful at all! Let’s look into this further to ensure we get this working properly. You most likely just need to update the "Access Point Name (APN)" settings on your device.

Depending on your OS you should find the Settings in “Settings” – “Connections” – “Mobile Networks” – “Access Point Names” Select Add and ensure the settings reflect what is listed below. It may also be helpful to send us a screenshot once you have completed this so the experts in the forum can review it.

Here are the correct APN settings for the Rogers Network.

Username: Not required

Password: Not required

Please use input:

MNC: 72 (If that doesn't work try 720, it's already filled in, leave it at what it is)

Don’t hesitate to let us know if this resolved your issue, or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello there,

i need help with Rogers Canada APN settings for an android phone.

Cell: XGODY

Model: D11

Thank you

Hello @gerardb2017!

Welcome to our Community Forums!

I moved your post here as the answer you seek should be in this thread. Were you able to input the APN settings into your device successfully?

I've done a bit of digging for you and I do have to warn you that this device is not fully compatible with our network. It's likely you will not be able to connect to LTE with this device. At most, you'll get 3G.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

Hello!

I'm running into an issue with my phone, which is a Xiaomi Mi MIX. I've had this phone for over a year, and I've been able to use it just fine up until today, when I accidentally deleted my APN while trying to troubleshoot an intermittent cellular signal issue. This APN was internet.com or internet.apn, can't remember.

Here are my current settings:

MNC: 720

I'm able to make/receive calls and texts, but data is practically non-existent. Instagram won't load, web pages time out, and messaging on WhatsApp and BBM is very, very slow. The odd thing is that the phone is reporting a connection to the 3G and 4G networks, but even sending a message on BBM or WhatsApp takes a very long time.

The APN I had before was working great. Does anyone know what the rest of the details might be for it? Again the APN was internet.com or internet.apn.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm Here A Lot

So I found the old setting I used to have, and everything is back to normal (aside from the intermittent cellular signal since switching to the 10 GB $60 plan). Here are the settings I'm using:

APN: internet.com
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

Everything else is to be left blank. Working great on Xiaomi Mi MIX.