ROGERS APN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: ROGERS APN

Hi there,

the sim card is brand new from last week  so that is not the problem right ? as  for the phone model  it's  93312xubsa but i wouldn't know what to do with that information ...

I'm Here A Lot

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 on Roges Network

Hello 

I am looking to purchase the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.  Just wondering if it will work on the Rogers Network.  Below are the network specs

Technology:GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
2G bands:GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 — SIM 1 & SIM 2 CDMA 800 / 1900
3G bands:HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO & TD-SCDMA
4G bands:LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Speed:HSPA, LTE
GPRS:Yes
EDGE:Yes

Will 4G/LTE be supported or just 3G?

Thank-you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

4G/LTE on band 7 only, and I'm not sure if Rogers used band 7 everywhere.

I'm Here A Lot

OK.  Is there a way to find out where band 7 is available.  The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will be primarily used in the GTA and Alberta(Edmonton and Jasper)

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes band 7 is available.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Dual SIM TD-LTE 64GB is compatible with 4 out of 7 bands on Rogers and please refer to here for details.

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/A4ZdHg/xiaomi-hongmi-note-4-redmi-note-4-dual-s...

Hope it helps...

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @saucisse

Can you double check the network frequencies?

Here's a How To on APN Settings to assist.

RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all,

I've gone through two dozen threads on APN/MMS settings - none seem to fix my issue.

I am trying to help out my mom with her phone.

She has an unlimited MMS plan, but no data plan. She is using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.

I had entered settings and she was able to receive/send MMS without any data charges. 

The software reset and I am unable to retrieve the settings. Can anyone help out with detailed instructions?

Thank you!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jimmy_gio wrote:

Hi all,

I've gone through two dozen threads on APN/MMS settings - none seem to fix my issue.

I am trying to help out my mom with her phone.

She has an unlimited MMS plan, but no data plan. She is using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.

I had entered settings and she was able to receive/send MMS without any data charges. 

The software reset and I am unable to retrieve the settings. Can anyone help out with detailed instructions?

Thank you!

Did you try using these settings:

Settings

Details

APN

rogers-core-appl1.apn

Username

n/a

Password

n/a

Note: For Android smartphones, input the following MMS settings to ensure MMS functionality.

MMSC

http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy

MMS Port

If you are still being charged data rates for sending MMS, I would call Rogers and ask if they can block data on the phone, but keep unlimited MMS. 

I'm Here A Lot

Xperia Z5 (Compact) network and APN settings - Mobile Network Available error

Hello, I purchased an unlocked Z5 Compact and have had a persistent issue where during a call, it will drop and show a "Mobile Network Not Available" error, then 5 seconds later it will reconnect and I can call back. It does this even when I'm at full signal strength and whether I'm on LTE or HSPA or Rogers EXT networks

For my APN I have entered: ltemobile.apn and nothing else.

If I go into Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Preferred Network type, it is set to

• WCDMA Only
  • GSM only
  • WCDMA (Preferred)/GSM
  • LTE (Preferres)/WCDMA/GSM (I have also tried this option, but the issue persists)

If I enter *#*#4636#*#* on the keypad, Set preferred network type is set to

• WCDMA preferred
  • GSM only
  • WCDMA only
  • GSM auo (PRL)
  • CDMA auto (PRL)
  • CDMA only
  • EvDo only
  • GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)
  • LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)
  • LTE/GSM auto (PRL)
  • LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)
  • LTE only
  • Unknown

I have tried many of those, including unknown, but the problem persisted.

Also if I attempt a Ping test from this screen, it always shows:

Ping IpAddr: Fail: IP addr not reachable

Ping Hostname: Pass

HTTP Client test: Pass

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@carter33

For testing set Network Type to: GSM Only, but it should normally be set to: LTE (Preferres)/WCDMA/GSM

in the dialer code *#*#4636#*#* try setting it to GSM only for testing.

I'm unsure what that dialer code area does however, but looking at the options you posted it seems like how the phone connects during a phone call. If that is the case it should be set to WCDMA Preferred, that way it will use HSPA during a phone call, and fallback to GSM if HSPA isn't avaliable.

lastly for testing have you tried using the APN settings I posted in the post before yours? using CORE network APN settings and the MMS settings I posted.