ROGERS APN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: ROGERS APN

Jeff (@jeff15)

Thanks so much for replying back and for sharing that insight. That is definitely helpful

At the moment the issue I'm encountering is:

1. Inconsistent data speeds. It's mostly sitting at H and occasionally steps into 4G with 3 bars (max). 

2. Data keeps dropping intermittently and takes some time to come back on.

Could you kindly share your apn settings with me? 

These are mine:

APN: ltemobile.apn

MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69

MMS Port: 80

APN Type: Default,Supl,MMS
APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4

Thanks again for your help.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

Yes...those are the same settings. I also have my roaming protocol set to IPV4/IPV6 but I don't think that matters. That being said, I am very near Downtown Vancouver at the moment and I only have 3 bars on 4G and I think I rarely have 5 bars. Makes me wonder if the antenna in these phones isn't quite as good as some others.

Sorry I couldn`t help. Good luck and keep me posted if you figure it out.
I Plan to Stick Around

If you guys would like to verify & check the speed, you can get the Speedtest app from Google Play store.

Hope it helps & have fun...

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks.

I`m getting 20.4M download, 7.52M upload. I have no idea if that's good or bad.
I've Been Around

Having some issues with staticip.apn after recent  android upgrade.

Device is a Google Nexus 7 (2013 edition) tablet and have been happily running with  a static ip address using the staticip.apn for the last approx 2 years while running Android 4.x. After recently upgrading to 6.x, this no longer works, ltemobile.apn works fine for internet access, but without the static ip address that the firewalls at the other end of a web application are expecting so can't connect from tablet to get work done.

The response from Rogers business support was to try the forums, so here I am.

ltedata.apn and staticip.apn both exhibit same issue, I see the signal strength bars but no symbol over top and no working connection. Using ltemobile.apn I get 4G listed over the signal bars and internet access works great.

I Plan to Stick Around

Screenshot_2016-09-06-20-06-50.png

Hi ,

Above was the screenshot of Speedtest on different days within GTA (greater Toronto area)

You may also check your phone wifi speed and compare it.

Hope it helps...

I'm Here A Lot

Wow. Much better than mine. Cheers. 🍺
I Plan to Stick Around

Perhaps you may conduct more speed test in different area with comparison of wifi as well.

Hope it helps & good luck...

I'm Here A Lot

@jeff15 Chiming back in with some good news! So after hours of research I stumbled upon this awesome post on reddit (reddit for the win) which helps gain access to the "secret menu." https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/comments/3yn1kw/self_test_hidden_menu_of_marshmallow/

So basically the steps are:

1. Go to your dialer and enter *#546368#*MODELNUMBER# where model number is 860. As soon as you enter the last '#' it should take you to the secret menu.

2. Once in the secret menu, go to Field Test -> Modem Settings -> LTE Band Selection

3. Rogers LTE operates on 3 bands (Band 4, 7 and 12). Band 4 is the primary band and the rest are for building penetration/rural coverage. Select each of these bands, one at a time, and wait to see how the signal responds. You can also check to see if it says "Success" when you click on each band.

4. I also enabled all LTE-A setting (which you can find if you go up a level and select the LTE-A sub-menu). Not sure if this helps but I'm getting way better speeds now and consistent 4G connection.

Finally, thanks so much for your insight on 4G being the equivalent of LTE. I have confirmed through multiple sources that this is indeed the case for international phones and the more correct way of showing the data connection. What we have in North America is more of a marketing gimmick apparently :p. Anyways, I hope the above steps are of help to you and anyone else with an international phone. Cheers!

I'm Here A Lot

I didn't know where to post this, so put it here. The 2016 version of this problem still exists, tethering not work on S7.

I received a US unlocked Samsung S7 phone and had to put the Rogers APN onto the phone. It was working until I tried to tether. I got connection to the phone, but no internet access through the phone. This was the fix:

In phone settings, go to:
Tethering & Networks --> Mobile Networks --> Access point names
Click on your relevant APN to get into the settings.
Edit "APN type" and delete it so it's empty (mine previously said "default").
Save the changes.

Rogers needs to update their APN information.