ROGERS APN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ROGERS APN

Thank you for your help and quick reply.  However, it didn't work for me even after above settings in the ltemobile.apn.

One strange thing is when I saved Rogers LTE file after editing, the file disappered and only left with LTE Tethering(ltedata.apn) in Access Point Names.

I still tried on tethering but same thing that devices could connect to my S5 but simply unable to get data access through tethering.

Any help please?

I Plan to Stick Around

I then chose Reset to default from the menu and Rogers LTE (ltemobile.apn) was back but of course all settings are back to orginal default...

Much appreciate any help please...

I've Been Around

LG-H860 G5 not connecting to LTE

Just bought a g5 H-860 off ebay and I can't get it higher than 4g anyway I ideas to be able to connect to LTE?

I Plan to Stick Around

Do you know your phone supporting the following LTE from Rogers?

RogersLTE.jpg

If so what are settings in your APN?

I'm Here A Lot

Exact same problem. Phone supports all those bands. APN is ltemobile.apn. Network is set to auto (including LTE). Shows 4g above the bars.

Rogers technical support has elevated to level 2. Hopefully will hear back soon.

I'm Here A Lot

Hello,

Are you able to supply the same info for an LG G5 H860? I used LTE apn (ltemobile.apn) but the highest speed I seem to get is 4g.

I have contacted technical support and am awaiting a response.

Thanks.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,

I have an LG G4 (H812). It is an unlocked phone.

It was set up and working with LTE before I had to send it in to get the mainboard replaced (Reboot loop).

I have been putting in all the APN settings I've been able to find, (including the one RogersMaude posted) but am unable to get Data working. It is currently showing Android version 6.0.

Can anyone help with current (Aug 2016) APN settings (for everything... MMS, Data, Tethering, LTE, etc).

Thanks in advance

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Jeff15

I'm just messaging you to find out if there were any updates from Rogers regarding your issue? I too just purchase the H860 and am only able to get 4G (barely). A bit concerned about this especially since I bought the phone outright knowing that it is supposed to be compatible with all of Rogers' LTE bands. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Kevin,

I've had no response on the forum and Rogers Technical Support closed my request and left a voicemail saying it had been solved...without ever talking to me.

I did do some additional research on my phone. Mine (and perhaps yours) is the dual SIM version which is an international phone. Apparently outside of North America, the term LTE is not commonly used as it`s not very specific. Instead, many (most?) other countries use `3G` for true 3G and HSPA for 3G+( which can be called 4G in North America). 4G in other countries is used to describe what we in North America would call LTE. So from that I am assuming that my phone is running the equivalent of LTE but hasn`t been designed to display the LTE identifier above the bars. It seems very fast now that I have the proper APN setting so I guess I`ll leave it for now.

I could be totally wrong about this and likely haven't`explained it well but a little googling on LTE and international phones got me to this place.

So not sure if your phone is working well but showing a 4G identifier or if it's truly a slower connection. If it's actually slower, which mine was for a time, make sure your APN is set to ltemobile.pan. Mine was on the Rogers core settings and it was stuck on 3G.

Good luck. Sorry I can`t be of more assistance.

@jeff15

That's actually a good observation. The network indicator you see does vary depending upon the provider you're with. If the phone was originally locked to a network that didn't use HSPA+ as 4G, then you may see 4G instead of LTE.

This isn't actually common knowledge however. Unless you travel often or frequent communities like this, you might not be aware of it. 

RogersCorey