ROGERS APN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: ROGERS APN

Do we know if the APN settings that are posted are up to date? I've been using them for a while and recently my tethering has stopped working. I'm using a note 2.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all, I had such a hard time getting my data to work and being able to send pictures via text messages on my new HTC Desire 510. The phone was previously from Videotron but I unlocked it and since I'm with Rogers, it was really difficult to figure out how to setup the Access Point Names.

At first, I setup my APN just for the LTEmobile network and everything worked fine in terms of data or internet browsing however the MMS wouldnt work which means I couldnt send or receive pictures by text messages. I called rogers, but since it was a device that was from another provider they wouldnt help me, neither would the other provider because I'm with Rogers but I ended up finding the info online. So if you have an HTC desire 510 and your APN settings don't seem to work for your LTE or MMS here is what you need to do:

You only need 1 APN setting. Do not make 1 for LTE, one for Internet and one for MMS as it wont work.

In the APN settings, here is the info you need:

NAME: Rogers LTE
APN: ltemobile.apn
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS port: 80
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: * (asterisk)
APN enable/disable: enabled (checked box)
Bearer: Unspecified.

These settings allow the LTE data to work as well as the MMS.

It took me 4 days of scrolling through forums, calling different companies, trying different settings and nothing seemed to work but once I put down those settings, it worked and I was so happy that I had to share the information as it seems like a common problem for HTC phones with Rogers.

I hope this helps. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Did anyone have any luck getting the settings fixed to get cameras working again?  Mine went down in  November here in Manitoba and it is still down.  Rogers didn't have any answers other than it must be a hardware problem.    I see the camera maker provides settings for Bell and Telus... may have to make a change if there is no solution.

Good evening @Serge1971 ,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

Sorry for the late reply. We really wish to assist you in regards to this matter.

What type of device are you experiencing issues with? Is it a Rogers phone? 

What is the problem with the Camera and the Settings?!

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

It is not a phone at all but rather a Covert Black Ops 2014 3g trail camera with a Rogers SIM card.  The settings are for APN to allow for sending of pictures when the camera's motion sensor is triggered.  The camera worked for months until November and then just stopped. Still taking pictures, but when sending it comes up with network busy.  I think other people on the conversation were having similar issues.

Thanks

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello @Serge1971 

You have mentioned that you are using a "Covert Black Ops 2014 3G Trail Camera with a Rogers SIM card".

Does this device have any symbols to indicate that the "Data Connection" is active such as a "3G Symbol"? Picture messages flow over the Data Network.

The APN picture messaging settings, which has been provided above are confirmed to be working on multiple devices(locked & unlocked).

Since the "Covert Black Ops 2014 3G Trail Camera" is not something that has been tested by our engineers to work on our network it is classified as "unsupported".

Have you contacted the manufacturer to confirm this device will work on the Rogers network?

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

Looking for the latest APN Settings

Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @claytron1116

View our How To on APN settings here

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

Found them I had already read the How To I was looking for more specific settings as in the type and protocol info but thank you Smiley Happy

Name: Rogers LTE devices
APN: ltemobile.apn
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: mmsproxy.rogers.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Retired Moderator

Ah ok, I understand. Generally, we just use ltemobile.apn and leave the other fields blank. Glad you found the info, thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

RogersAsif