Poor cellular reception code "E" on phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Poor cellular reception code "E" on phone

I have 2 iPhone6 smartphones.  They are exactly the same model and were purchased at the same time.  At the same location and the same time, one operates properly and it shows LTE or ROGERS cellular coverage.  It works great.  The other phone often only shows a network coverage indicated as "E".  This 'bad' phone cannot connect to the internet when on an E network and is very frustrating.  All software has been updated on the phone.  Is the phone a lemon or is there something I can do to fix it? 

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Poor cellular reception code "E" on phone

Hello @icwl

Have you booked a appointment with the Genius bar at ur local Apple store and see if the device is still in warranty and have it checked it out? Could be a lemon but unfortunately if it's out if warranty, then u will have to pay to get it fixed. If it's in warranty then u can have it fixed.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Poor cellular reception code "E" on phone

Backup the "bad" phone in iTunes then Factory reset the phone and dont' restore until you test the phone. Also you can try swapping the sim cards to see if it's a hardware issue.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation