Poor cell service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Poor cell service

This continues to be a very serious problem.  We received an e-mail with a link to click for service, but nothing has changed since this happened.  I cannot make a single phone call without having a call failed.  I cannot use the LTE network, it is constantly switching to 3G.  We work from home and this business is unacceptable.  I cannot understand how this poor network coverage even exists on a university campus.

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @jmanchuk,

Thank you for your patience, I understand how frustrating that can be with not being able to take full advantage of your service due to your device switching from LTE to 3G and dropped calls. Iv'e had member of our @CommunityHelps team reach out to you via Private Message. Please check your inbox

RogersArthur

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been with rogers for awhile now and I recently moved and i have no cell service at all here, I know there is extended coverage but my phone is prepaid and I wouldn't like buying a whole new phone when its perfectly fine, i live in Alberta and not much coverage as much as rogers says there is.

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @veedeltess12

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Prepaid plans are not eligable for Extended Coverage.  Have you check out the Network Coverage for your area?

What type of device are you using?

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Around

Good Morning;

After reading above, I seem to have the same problem: poor service both indoors and outdoors consistently in most areas.

I have an iPhone 5 with Rogers and the data service is horrible, please send out a report to a network team for area: Saint James; Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, specifically in the Sturgeon Creek area.

Thank you in advance;

Kyle Jorundson.

I Plan to Stick Around

Our family of 5 iPhones has serious issues with dropped calls, ever since we moved. We have to go outside to talk. We live in Chilliwack bc, the signal is great all around us. Seems like we’re in a dead zone too. Any suggestions?
I'm a Regular

If the competition (Bell/Telus) has service there, then you should consider switching carriers. If you truly are in a Rogers dead zone, and a new tower needs to be installed to fix the problem, it can take years before that happens. Applications need to be filed with the city, approvals have to be done, construction permits have to be pulled, etc. It’s a very lengthy process. And for some reason, Rogers always seems to have more problems getting approval for new towers than their competitors do...I can tell you that based on what I’ve seen around here. For example, there are three neighbourhoods closeby where Rogers has been trying to install new towers for years (or so they tell me) but apparently face “resistance from the town” yet Bell has managed to get new towers up and running in the same locations.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey thanks for that reply. Ironically we had a telus tech in today - to fix a broken fibre cable. I asked him what signal he got, and he said 3 to 4 bars! I get 1 bar in the same location.

Unfortunately, I have a couple of phones on a plan, and it will cost me a fair bit to transfer to telus, Hopefully Rogers will join the free unlocking offer that some other providers are now doing. That will help if I do decide to switch.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gavinrow wrote:

Hey thanks for that reply. Ironically we had a telus tech in today - to fix a broken fibre cable. I asked him what signal he got, and he said 3 to 4 bars! I get 1 bar in the same location.

Unfortunately, I have a couple of phones on a plan, and it will cost me a fair bit to transfer to telus, Hopefully Rogers will join the free unlocking offer that some other providers are now doing. That will help if I do decide to switch.

@Gavinrow

In Canada all cell phones are eligible to be unlocked for free!

However before you switch providers, have you tried to enable WiFi Calling on your phone? Since the reception issue effects you at home, you can use your home WiFi to make cellular calls. 

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/wi-fi-calling-everything-you-need-to-know

I Plan to Stick Around

We tried the wifi option, which isn’t available on iPhone 5, and it didn’t work on an iPhone 7. Now feeling helpless on this issue.