Poor Cellphone Coverage & Low Battery Issues?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Poor Cellphone Coverage & Low Battery Issues?

Same old subject.. So I just travel from to and from south surrey, BC and back to Fleetwood. Where an major cell tower is in the middle. But theres a major cell tower under the pier at White Rock Beach. But it was damaged in Dec 2018 wind storm and hasn't be restored... So my phone went from 100% to less than 30% in two hrs. Whys is this so bad in the lower mainland? #BC

**Labels Added**

Highlighted

Re: Poor Cellphone Coverage & Low Battery Issues?

Hey @cafekief!

Service issues due to a tower repair being required can be incredibly disruptive for sure, not to mention the toll on battery life constantly searching for a network. I would definitely recommend, if you haven't yet already, reporting this through the Network Aid option in your MyRogers app as you can be notified as soon as it's been resolved. 

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

So my mom expressed to me yesterday that her tablet dies really fast... (battery) usually tabs have way bigger batteries... And my note 9 and her galaxy s8 only gets like (LTE not even (LTE+) and speeds are so bad.... Like 20mbps down and like less than 2 up... Rogers need to put a mricocell in the area, even up the street out side is getting like 25megs down... It's 2020 with Rogers alway upgrading there 4g to 4.5g gigabit speeds. And not even getting 50mbps like the government said!! This is in the fleetwood area of Surrey, BC

O Ya when I pop into my moms house(same area) my phone is using battery and just browsing chrome and Fb and it's heating up like to 100 degrees. This is not normal!! Do not put this into another forum.... I need a response from a tech Rep. Also is there a program for customers to see upgrades to the networks?

Highlighted

Hello @cafekief!

It sounds to me like the signal inside your mother's home may be weak enough that your devices have to work extra hard to maintain a signal, which causes the device to heat up, so the battery dies sooner.

I would recommend connecting to a WiFi network while at home. Your battery should last a lot longer on WiFi. We can't guarantee that a signal will reach you inside of any building, which is why we also recommend features like WiFi Calling while you're at home.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

It's is lasting alot longer.... Is there a way to get a request from Rogers to put up at macrocell (4g LTE in the fleetwood area of Surrey, BC and build out, the just up the street has 5G just put up and not down the road where my mom lives? Talk to frank on Fb messages... He's been talking open tickets for me but doesn't improve.. Battery has gone from 87-83 in 20 mins, need to improve WiFi calling for Samsung galaxy note 9... Corey