cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans to expand HD voice?

Crab9000
I'm here a lot

Are there any plans in the works to expand HD voice or the wideband codec to work when calling customers on Bell and Telus? With VoLTE now widespread, it should be more feasible than ever. Even the big two competing US carriers (AT&T and Verizon) were able to get on this for their customers. I know this would involve cooperation between Bell and Telus, but it's 2017, soon 2018 and surely due time to move away from garbled POTS-sounding calls. Calls between Rogers/Fido customers that use wideband sound great.

**EDITED LABELS**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Plans to expand HD voice?

RogersShaun
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Crab9000,

Thanks for the feedback!

While we don't have any information about this just yet, we're always looking for ways to improve our quality and services.  I agree that this would definitely be a welcomed feature for everyone.  

If we do receive word of anything like this coming to the network, we'll be sure to share the news here with the Community!

RogersShaun

I have 2 mobile lines, one Bell, one Rogers and have noticed the following when calling between them:

Bell to Rogers = HD
Rogers to Bell = SD

Are there any plans to enable HD calling when a call is placed from a Rogers line to a Bell line?

Hello and welcome to our Community @MrYYZ!

At this time, we do not have any plans to share with regards to expanding upon HD Voice. Please stay tuned.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation